Yputi

Randomly falling

Date and time (provide timezone): (UTC) 12:02:27

Character name: Audrey Sanchez

Issue/bug you are reporting: Whenever I try to walk on my stairs, down, my character keeps randomly falling before "entering" the stairs. I've included a video as it's hard to explain. In the video I also tried to recreate the issue on a smaller scale, but somehow it works fine on there... I feel like it might have something to do with the stairs where my character falls are slightly "in" the wall.

Expected behavior:  Character normally walks from plateau to stairs.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicatehttps://streamable.com/geq68

Vehicle license plate number*: N/A

Seems like the game isn't recognizing the stairs as actual ground, causing you to enter a falling animation as you near the edge of the building/platform.
Maybe adding a ramp under the stairs, like in this horrible image I just made in snipping tool, might cause it to recognize it as a valid platform and not make you ragdoll. Don't really have the time to get on an experiment with it right now, but this might help.
5JqeYzE.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aieos said:

Seems like the game isn't recognizing the stairs as actual ground, causing you to enter a falling animation as you near the edge of the building/platform.
Maybe adding a ramp under the stairs, like in this horrible image I just made in snipping tool, might cause it to recognize it as a valid platform and not make you ragdoll. Don't really have the time to get on an experiment with it right now, but this might help.
5JqeYzE.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I tested this using a floor, placing it right under the stairs. It indeed worked and made it more clear what is going on. I made a short video again where you can clearly see what happens.

https://streamable.com/mbop9

As soon as my character walks above the part where there is a floor under the stairs, you see the legs goe through the stairs, walking on the floor part. As soon as the floor ends, the character walks on the stairs again.

1 hour ago, Yputi said:

Thanks for the reply. I tested this using a floor, placing it right under the stairs. It indeed worked and made it more clear what is going on. I made a short video again where you can clearly see what happens.

https://streamable.com/mbop9

As soon as my character walks above the part where there is a floor under the stairs, you see the legs goe through the stairs, walking on the floor part. As soon as the floor ends, the character walks on the stairs again.

Interesting, I'll be building something on my house today actually using stairs like that, I'll experiment and find the best solution for it, and get back to you on it. Good to know that stops the rag doll animation at least.

6 hours ago, Architer said:

Hello and thank you for creating a bug report!

Can you confirm that this still occurs?

I sadly can't confirm myself as I removed my stairs due to this issue.

Edited by Yputi