that1nub

Trucker Job Cargo Fill Time Decrease

I feel the time it takes for cargo to fill should be decreased.

Last night, I tried out the trucker job. I was planning to get off in 15 minutes, so I was going to try a quick job, but that wasn't even possible I soon found out.

I got the job, then got a hauling job for a gas station. I got the tanker, and got it filled. It fills 100 gallons per second. The tanks capacity was 200000. 200000 divided by 100 is 2000 seconds. Divide that by 60 for the number of minutes. That comes out to 33⅓ minutes to fill a tank.

I waited the 33 minutes, then took it to the gas station. I had to wait another 33 minutes to empty the tanker. When I arrived, I went and watched YouTube. I checked back in about 10 to 15 minutes later to see I was kicked for inactivity, meaning I ended up wasting about an hour on the job to not get anything out of it.

I just got off for the night since I was planning to get off 45 minutes ago.

The following day (today), I was on foot at that gas station in the middle of nowhere. I spent 30 minutes or so running back to the trucking job, and my car wasn't where I parked it (my goal in that session was to get back to my car). I had to go after I got there, so I logged off.

• Like 1

I've heard and read some things about this, Was it not reduced since the original implementation of shipping items? I drove a little during the great drought and it took quite a while to load up on things.

+1

I wouldn't mind seeing RL statistical references that could be used to help encourage refinement to the current load times. Shipping is all about time management and efficiency. Anyone truck IRL?

On 9/10/2019 at 2:50 PM, GWXCORE said:

At my job, with 2 guys unloading, we can completely unload a truck full of boxes in 45 minutes, average box size 30lbs (13.6 in commie units)

Seeing as GTA time is 4x faster on the hour, roughly 10 or so minutes would be reasonable given my anecdotal example.

That's also with 2 people. Take down your workforce to a single person and the time doubles plus due to one person being worn out quickly, taking breaks, and overall moving at a slower pace the longer they've been doing it. Personally I've never done trucking but I also understand that time put in needs to be balanced with payout as well. It shouldn't be decreased to the point of the job becoming a joke of a money maker (especially if AI orders are reintroduced). I would be in support of slightly decreasing the time but not by very much (think 20-30 minutes).

On 9/12/2019 at 7:26 AM, Aldarine said:

That's also with 2 people. Take down your workforce to a single person and the time doubles plus due to one person being worn out quickly, taking breaks, and overall moving at a slower pace the longer they've been doing it. Personally I've never done trucking but I also understand that time put in needs to be balanced with payout as well. It shouldn't be decreased to the point of the job becoming a joke of a money maker (especially if AI orders are reintroduced). I would be in support of slightly decreasing the time but not by very much (think 20-30 minutes).

20-30 is still too long. There's a line where realism ruins the experience. To make the trucker job enjoyable and/or worth it, it shouldn't be very long. Having to wait that long just on cargo to fill in a video game is just rediculous and takes away an enjoyable experience.

12 minutes ago, that1nub said:

20-30 is still too long. There's a line where realism ruins the experience. To make the trucker job enjoyable and/or worth it, it shouldn't be very long. Having to wait that long just on cargo to fill in a video game is just rediculous and takes away an enjoyable experience.

The times I stated are solely based on anecdotal commentary provided by a previous poster. While yes, there is a point where making everything hyper realistic can take away from the experience but you do have to make sure everything is still within the bounds of realism and isn't just a joke. For example, lets say it takes 10 minutes to chop a vehicle. Should it also take the same amount of time to fill a 200000 gallon tank? Probably not. Any time adjustments should be based on reality (and slightly decreased as a nod to the fact that this is still a game) but it shouldn't be to the point of hilarity. It also needs to take into consideration payout vs. time invested and the length of timers already implemented. If you want quick cash there are alternative options that you can consider.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.