Jellay

Communication between Aircrafts.

Some people from MD, PD and Me have been talking about improving communication between active helicopters. Right now we don't really have a system in which we can communicate with eachother about locations or general directions. We would love to have a similar system as the truckers where we can use a command (/cb for truckers) to talk to everyone thats currently piloting a helicopter. Not only will this increase realism much more, it would also be good to have a decent communication system between pilots as a whole. In addition, maybe showing eachother on the GPS is another thing that you could consider. This way we always know when we are about to get close to another aircraft, which will reduce the chance of ever coming into an air collision situation. 

• Like 2

PD/MD have department radios that can be used. Currently PD has asked Weazel to call 911 as 'both' to state they'll be in the air and we've asked our units to not close their call so Pilots coming and going can see it.

With the new GPS system, even an aircraft icon on the map shown when you're in an aircraft would probably be the best, without needing a new radio. Or both.

Edited by Xoza

+1.

Asiantator

i agree with that you said, but until you can Dual frequency i dont see that as an option, as internal comms are to be monitored at all times, also when flying. If we remove the comms from the pilots, we're gonna have a problem, which is they cannot communicate with dispatch / other personell.
I defientnly support adding a sort of /CB to aircraft in general, perhaps /ATC or /A for short, which is stuck on a 122.800 MHz Frequency ( unicom) like the truckers CB. Would work perfectly and be exactly what we need, to be able to introduce civil aviation on eclipse much further down the road.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.