Tripcee

[BUG] Typing /modview at dealership buys random vehicle

Date and time (provide timezone): 2019-06-27

Character name: Curtis Leonard

Issue/bug you are reporting: Random(?) vehicle gets bought after typing /modview at a dealership

Expected behavior:  Nothing should happen as you cant view mods at a dealership

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate

https://streamable.com/wclg4

Steps: 

1. Go to a dealership
  2. Click View on a car/bike/whatever
    1. Character will be on the bike
  3. Type /modview
  4. it will buy a random vehicle

Vehicle license plate number*: RA4E1DVS

Edited by Tripcee

But I was riding a bf400 and it bought a different bike.

Pressing enter while a chat window is up and in focus shouldn't activate other buttons, it's like if I was writing on someone's post on Facebook and pressing spacebar puts a space between my words but also scrolled the screen. It shouldn't do both at the same time, pressing space bar while a message window is in focus stops the scroll bar function

Don't take offence when I say this because as a programmer myself, I laughed to myself when you basically just said "it's not a bug, it's a feature"

Edited by Tripcee

6 hours ago, Tripcee said:

But I was riding a bf400 and it bought a different bike.

Pressing enter while a chat window is up and in focus shouldn't activate other buttons, it's like if I was writing on someone's post on Facebook and pressing spacebar puts a space between my words but also scrolled the screen. It shouldn't do both at the same time, pressing space bar while a message window is in focus stops the scroll bar function

Don't take offence when I say this because as a programmer myself, I laughed to myself when you basically just said "it's not a bug, it's a feature"

Don't worry I don't get offended easily. I don't know why it gave you the BF400, but you're still wrong about the menu.

Unfortunately, I can't show it you with a practical example since I can't log in to my account because of the password bug.

But here's what I can do:

1. The Manchez (the bike it says you bought) buy button is obviously highlighted.
image.png.db4fc237022651f6268aa5d162d5f0e1.png

image.thumb.png.4600603a3c4f86bffceb4d682c9321a1.png

2. Between seconds 18 and 20 in the video you provided, you can see the vehicle list being scrolled and focused to the Manchez item, because you selected it.
https://i.gyazo.com/6a2aa639a8569ed0782f469eb2a99b59.mp4

image.png

Edited by Adir

It's not related to /modview, as Adir has correctly pointed out, it happened because you've pressed enter. It's more of a design flaw, rather than a bug. Since the vehicle dealership script is legacy and is bound to be replaced with a new system and interface soon, it would be redundant to update the old one now.