isBrainDed

Add getting ID as a command from corpse or allow other form of RP

When someone dies and gets revived at the hospital, a corpse is left on the ground. At the moment, due to script limitations, not much can be done to the body, apart from checking how they died using /analysewounds false and checking their body. 

I am suggesting that we add an command, such as /friskbody, which will allow us to see the ID of the body. Maybe even /takeid, so if your friends dies, they can't be identified if someone stumbles upon the body. Doing this will allow more in depth RP for Criminals and PD, as in the case of PD, lets say that there is a shootout between wanted criminal and PD, if PD failed to identify the criminal before engaging in the shootout, after the shootout is done and criminal is dead, PD has no way to know who they have just fatally injured, so they cant RP that the wanted criminal has died, because they are not able to ID them.

Because this requires script support, which is unlikely going to happen. I have another solution on how to solve this, something which PD was already utilizing and something which makes sense for a RP server, but due to some opinions from certain staff members, which in my opinion they shouldn't have on RP server, that is considered metagaming.

PD was roleplaying with the body using /me's and /do's and once it came trying to get actual information as to what happened to body, considering that /do is just an OOC extension for the game to describe what people would be seeing, PD was using /pm as an /do to ask the players who have died, if they would have ID on them or what happened to their body. This adds RP to the server as instead of there just being a body, PD can actually investigate. 

But, certain staff members have said that using /pm's is considering MGing, even though that we have body in front of us, which we could RPly frisk and get information from, this doesn't make sense for a RP server, because why if someone died and is not there anymore, why couldn't we get any more information from them. In the end this is RP and we shouldn't limit ourself to scripts

Edited by BrainDed
  • PogU 1

I'm neutral with this.

In my opinion this will only be used to apply charges to people who were killed during shootouts (Even though they are essentially dead).

I like this idea of being able to remove someones ID from them though, this will help prevent any misuse of gaining the ID of the player. If this was to be added all players should be personally allowed to remove their ID.

As for making use of PM's to continue RP I'm 100% against this. If you want to RP with someone maybe not shoot them dead on the spot. PD, MD and some civilians have the capability to use CPR. This could be used to extend the RP, after attempted treatment of course.

DeathRP is a reward and not a requirement, incentives to push for more DeathRP shouldn't be added in my opinion.

PD cant place crimes on dead criminals? This whole thing would help criminals as it would close any potentional crime reports into the criminals. As I said in the example above, if a criminal is wanted and they get into shootout and they die, the charges or any crime reports on them would resume, but if we could identify them, we could close the crime report.

And at the same time, when someone dies, RP just suddenly dies with that person, which is also very bad and poor RP. This is a roleplay server and not scripted Cops and Robbers server where we 100% rely on the scripts.

And as for your point regarding shooting to kill, I have only ever returned fire at the criminals, even when I was in standoff with a criminal, I waited till the criminal shot first and I died because of that.

Edited by BrainDed
  • Like 1

If they'd been arrested before or had a gun license, then they'd have fingerprints on file so they could identify them that way.  So you're trying to benefit one side while punishing the other.  It's a little slanted currently, but it's necessary since criminals have pretty much free reign. The RP should be carried out by PD to fingerprint the corpse if they needed or wanted to ID them.

Yes, it's s bit of a conundrum to figure out logistically, but making it so criminals are harder to id is not a good solution and borders on pg. A command to implement fingerprint body and if they met those criteria then it would give you their name perhaps?  If not it wouldn't return anything

19 minutes ago, Reckless311 said:

If they'd been arrested before or had a gun license, then they'd have fingerprints on file so they could identify them that way.  So you're trying to benefit one side while punishing the other.  It's a little slanted currently, but it's necessary since criminals have pretty much free reign. The RP should be carried out by PD to fingerprint the corpse if they needed or wanted to ID them.

Fingerprint RP is already done by members of the Investigation Bureau, however criminals are unwilling to answer a /do in a /PM just because they feel like they are being forced into roleplay, unless it benefits them, which is a ridiculous mentality to have on a roleplay server. This applies more to pulling prints off of evidence, vehicles, bodies, etc. than ID-ing corpses, but the point stands.

Edited by Hazel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.