Wizzidy

Allow build permissions on your home

So now that many people have homes, there is a lot of new RP coming up in the forum of stylizing your own place... and itll get more important if NBDY is doing the thing he teased in discord.... but right now having a key doesnt allow you to change move or mod a home, and there is no alternate system.... so if I wanted to have a friend stylize my house for me, or start a company for pimping a house for people... the house would have to go in their name, and since for some reason we can't say the word gang at the bank, but we can scam people for millions of dollars which is a hilarious decision btw lol... There are no protections for this. Now, while I would like to see the bank as a safe space to make deals again, itd be nice to have the ability to add a person as "build privileged" on my house panel, so they would be able to build for me.

Build permission +1, would allow people to open new business or do extra work. The deals at bank i don't agree. Well, depends on a deal, like a working or a renting contract should be allowed to do safely IF taxes are being payed. Selling cars or houses with a contract made at bank shouldn't be allowed, since you are avoiding taxes by doing that and that itself is illegal and taking IC things to OOC to get the player punished isn't the best way. If you get scammed, you should try to solve it ICly in my opinion, but since you are avoiding taxes you can't ask PD or any government help. I like the change in that rule and it should stand like this in my opinion.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:19 AM, Akudas said:

Build permission +1, would allow people to open new business or do extra work. The deals at bank i don't agree. Well, depends on a deal, like a working or a renting contract should be allowed to do safely IF taxes are being payed. Selling cars or houses with a contract made at bank shouldn't be allowed, since you are avoiding taxes by doing that and that itself is illegal and taking IC things to OOC to get the player punished isn't the best way. If you get scammed, you should try to solve it ICly in my opinion, but since you are avoiding taxes you can't ask PD or any government help. I like the change in that rule and it should stand like this in my opinion.

You do realize in real life you can sell a vehicle for cash with no taxes by transferring the registration at the DMV.... so the bank or DMV should allow people to do the same. Saying people are avoiding taxes by using an bank or DMV hand to hand transfer is actually a pretty serious powergame... in fact most used cars are FSBO... Unless you are buying from a dealership you never pay sales tax directly on the vehicle... Houses I can agree, but there would be contracts done at the bank and the bank would deal with escrow to make sure the transfer of the home is done safely and insured by the bank. So the logic of allowing someone to steal money throw it in an atm and run away in a NCZ is actually super backwards.

3 hours ago, Wizzidy said:

You do realize in real life you can sell a vehicle for cash with no taxes by transferring the registration at the DMV.... so the bank or DMV should allow people to do the same. Saying people are avoiding taxes by using an bank or DMV hand to hand transfer is actually a pretty serious powergame... in fact most used cars are FSBO... Unless you are buying from a dealership you never pay sales tax directly on the vehicle... Houses I can agree, but there would be contracts done at the bank and the bank would deal with escrow to make sure the transfer of the home is done safely and insured by the bank. So the logic of allowing someone to steal money throw it in an atm and run away in a NCZ is actually super backwards.

If you sell vehicles for profit IRL, you pay taxes for the profits, unless you hide them, by writing false price on the selling-buying contract, which is a tax fraud that most of the people do (at least here in my country, laws might differ a bit). Anyways, server doesn't have the system to know if you sell car for profit or not (as far as i know) and has 5% tax for all the sales, that's the law in the server and by selling vehicles off market you are avoiding the tax, which is a crime. I get your point, but the game will never be the same as real life. A lot of things doesn't make sense comparing to real life and that is okay, because it is a game.

1 hour ago, Akudas said:

If you sell vehicles for profit IRL, you pay taxes for the profits, unless you hide them, by writing false price on the selling-buying contract, which is a tax fraud that most of the people do (at least here in my country, laws might differ a bit). Anyways, server doesn't have the system to know if you sell car for profit or not (as far as i know) and has 5% tax for all the sales, that's the law in the server and by selling vehicles off market you are avoiding the tax, which is a crime. I get your point, but the game will never be the same as real life. A lot of things doesn't make sense comparing to real life and that is okay, because it is a game.

I agree that its a game and should be different, but we actually use "realism" to encourage and justify a lot of really game breaking, or bad decisions... so why toss it out the window. There is a lot of "selective realism" going on... regardless this is about building permissions and I would definitely love to see them allowed and put in. I see a lot of people offering remodeling, and the building system is really frustrating so its definitely a good idea. I would love to see companies started officially through the government for remodeling and decorating 🙂

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.