Jump to content
Zrkrownage

Better enforcement & crime reduction.

Recommended Posts

I get RDM'd & car jacked right as I spawn in & spawn my car. (spawned at the parking lot.) I also KNOW I lock my car every time I get out & before I put it in the garage. Also someone just shot me while I tried to block the car with my body so he woouldn't leave (I think this person thought I was trying to steal his car so he shot me 0 RP involved)  so a few things 1. WHY WASN'T MY CAR STILL LOCKED WHEN I UNPARKED IT!. 2 I sent in a report & waited literally 20+ minutes. Sure nothings perfect. but 20 minutes when literally all I wanted was my car back is a little insane even if you only have 5 people admining 500. (I have done this before on jedi knight jedi academy as one of said server admins) Even so. I doubt they would have given me my car back chalking it up to "well you got robbed" & it's like no I didn't. 0 out of 0 times have I ever heard of someone IRL (which we're roleplaying IRL) pulling there car out of a parking garage & someone gets to the door of the car before them so now they just get the car. Police do 0 about car theft. & here's the real kicker. guess what's still above my head? NEW PLAYER! I've been robbed 5+ times not including this, in the past 4 days i've been a new player on this server. I love it when I get to RP, most people are fine. But the second you go anywhere not around a NCZ it's always some heavily accented person screaming at you for your stuff. Me being a good rule abdiding new player I let them jack me so as not to ruin the RP & contact an admin about it. NOTHING HAPPENED 5 TIMES! The only tip I got once was the command /vehiclestats which then once I told the admin that it said it was on the map he said "yea that means someone has stolen it & you need to go talk to the police IC about it."  I know a bit of this seems run on & like im "reporting" but I just wanted to give a detailed explanation behind why I suggest these things. I understand stuff happens & I still want to play regardless. I say this because I do actually care & like the game. Instead of just saying "this is dumb" and not playing because I do think I've gotten kind of a bad experience so far.

TLDR:
1. answer new player reports, more then non-new player reports, & if you don't have a system for it make one.
2. Police need to be better about car theft. If all cars have GPS all cars should come with an engine off switch cops can activate if you really don't have the man power to chase them down. (noticed you 're not hiring cops atm too btw which makes 0 sense because you need more.)

3. Cars that just spawn in, in a parking lot should always. ALWAYS! be auto-locked even though I know I locked mine before I put it in the garage.

4. Law abiding citizen NEED access to ammo. I got my permit & now I have to get ammo from gangs to defend myself from them.

5. Criminal activity needs to be punished harsher to deter it more. Literally everyone turns to crime because it is 100% worth it. I would too if I cared about meta-gaming & min-maxing my money, But I want to RP a singer. So treat 1 week like a year in prison. & murder charges come with 5-25 years of prison IRL so 5-25 weeks of IG prison. & just actually make an IG prison area with things for the inmates to do so you can have a whole other section of RP & don't have to feel like you're taking away there ability to play the game completely. (they have a prison you can actually RP in, in many RP games like ALTIS life an arma 3 mod.) (you could also instead of time just do heavier monetary losses for crime then you wouldn't have to do any of the above prison stuff. MANY irl murder bails are 1mil+ so if I can get 2.5k speeding tickets how are some people getting outta jail for only 15-20k?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5-25 weeks might be a bit harsh but I was thinking the same thing as I played (also a new player). It seems like it's just too easy to rob someone because you get a few thousand dollars then get arrested and spend 5-10 minutes afk before doing it all again. I do think that cold blooded murder should have an equivalent punishment otherwise you give criminals no incentive to RP unless they are in it for RP instead of money. 

I love your idea of the prison being a separate RP experience to allow punishments to be longer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zrkrownage said:

I get RDM'd & car jacked right as I spawn in & spawn my car. (spawned at the parking lot.) I also KNOW I lock my car every time I get out & before I put it in the garage. Also someone just shot me while I tried to block the car with my body so he woouldn't leave (I think this person thought I was trying to steal his car so he shot me 0 RP involved)  so a few things 1. WHY WASN'T MY CAR STILL LOCKED WHEN I UNPARKED IT!. 2 I sent in a report & waited literally 20+ minutes. Sure nothings perfect. but 20 minutes when literally all I wanted was my car back is a little insane even if you only have 5 people admining 500. (I have done this before on jedi knight jedi academy as one of said server admins) Even so. I doubt they would have given me my car back chalking it up to "well you got robbed" & it's like no I didn't. 0 out of 0 times have I ever heard of someone IRL (which we're roleplaying IRL) pulling there car out of a parking garage & someone gets to the door of the car before them so now they just get the car. Police do 0 about car theft. & here's the real kicker. guess what's still above my head? NEW PLAYER! I've been robbed 5+ times not including this, in the past 4 days i've been a new player on this server. I love it when I get to RP, most people are fine. But the second you go anywhere not around a NCZ it's always some heavily accented person screaming at you for your stuff. Me being a good rule abdiding new player I let them jack me so as not to ruin the RP & contact an admin about it. NOTHING HAPPENED 5 TIMES! The only tip I got once was the command /vehiclestats which then once I told the admin that it said it was on the map he said "yea that means someone has stolen it & you need to go talk to the police IC about it."  I know a bit of this seems run on & like im "reporting" but I just wanted to give a detailed explanation behind why I suggest these things. I understand stuff happens & I still want to play regardless. I say this because I do actually care & like the game. Instead of just saying "this is dumb" and not playing because I do think I've gotten kind of a bad experience so far.

TLDR:
1. answer new player reports, more then non-new player reports, & if you don't have a system for it make one.
2. Police need to be better about car theft. If all cars have GPS all cars should come with an engine off switch cops can activate if you really don't have the man power to chase them down. (noticed you 're not hiring cops atm too btw which makes 0 sense because you need more.)

3. Cars that just spawn in, in a parking lot should always. ALWAYS! be auto-locked even though I know I locked mine before I put it in the garage.

4. Law abiding citizen NEED access to ammo. I got my permit & now I have to get ammo from gangs to defend myself from them.

5. Criminal activity needs to be punished harsher to deter it more. Literally everyone turns to crime because it is 100% worth it. I would too if I cared about meta-gaming & min-maxing my money, But I want to RP a singer. So treat 1 week like a year in prison. & murder charges come with 5-25 years of prison IRL so 5-25 weeks of IG prison. & just actually make an IG prison area with things for the inmates to do so you can have a whole other section of RP & don't have to feel like you're taking away there ability to play the game completely. (they have a prison you can actually RP in, in many RP games like ALTIS life an arma 3 mod.) (you could also instead of time just do heavier monetary losses for crime then you wouldn't have to do any of the above prison stuff. MANY irl murder bails are 1mil+ so if I can get 2.5k speeding tickets how are some people getting outta jail for only 15-20k?)

 

34 minutes ago, Azilum said:

5-25 weeks might be a bit harsh but I was thinking the same thing as I played (also a new player). It seems like it's just too easy to rob someone because you get a few thousand dollars then get arrested and spend 5-10 minutes afk before doing it all again. I do think that cold blooded murder should have an equivalent punishment otherwise you give criminals no incentive to RP unless they are in it for RP instead of money. 

I love your idea of the prison being a separate RP experience to allow punishments to be longer. 

Rule breaks shouldn't be a reason to punish other "criminals" who actaully proper RP IC aswell. They need to be punished OOC, personally.

About TLDR:
1. New players don't necessarily report more. At this point, we deal with loads of new players who are not 100% aware of rules or are just here to troll. I see them daily, but I can avoid them.

2. This is more of an IC issue in the first place. The reason why applications for PD are closed is because the current applicants are getting trained. Yes, I am one of the applicants who is waiting for an academy date I can attend. If those trainings are finished, they are open again, so its not that they think they don't need more.

3. I do have to inform cars save the lock state when you park them, no matter what. If you want your vehicles to lock automatically after a certain amount of time, you are looking for VIP. Then you can set a time with /autolock where your vehicles will lock automatically if you didn't lock them.

4. I honestly wonder how lawabiding someone is if you need to reach out to gangs for ammo. I got around 210K EXP on my legal character and I never had to do that. Though, I've done a server suggestion about adding tasers, so citizens can defend themself with tasers then just shooting. Instead, tase and run.

5. Not sure if crime needs to be punished harder. here is what I think:
I've been a mechanic on this server since... forever. And what I noticed, now also having a crime alt, is that the "easier" jobs (mechanic, DCC and Weazel) are basically routine work. I even bought a secondary monitor just because of this. the question is, should crime be punished harder or legal be mode more adventurous and attractive? I have seen many suggestions for mechanic that would add some things to do for them.

I do wonder, have you been to jail actually? There is SADOC there. I have amazing RP experience with them. And no, jail is not 5-10 minutes at all. There is a fine line bewteen what is RP'ed and actual OOC punishment for what you did IC, as multiple weeks RP'ing in jail is just punishing OOC. Not to mention we don't even have a court, so imagine if you also get in there without doing anything wrong/not that major.

And about the money, yes, its kinda random. 2.5K for speeding tickets are just to try to stop speeding people in NCZ. At the end, new wheels are cheaper then a bag, you can get 3 new Warreners instead of a laptop and Camera's cost 15K. We got to think what is the best. IRL, things are based (mostly) on what the best is for people. Why not do teh same in ECRP? Not everything IRL works out the same as in here. 


PS. Sometimes the beginning can be harsh ye. Like mentioned earlier: Loads of new people who are not that aware of rules and got in somehow. I do recommend; help them out, try to interact a lot with others and once you've been on the server for a while you will find your place. Not saying you will not see any rule breaks anymore, but you will be able to avoid them more. New(er) players can be just some more easy targets sadly...

Edited by Yputi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn't trying to attack the community with my comments so I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I just think the idea of prison feeling like a punishment for your actions is important to maintain balance. It's obvious that many players (new and old) simply have no respect for the police force. At the moment it feels a lot like the wild west where the cops are just hopelessly out numbered. 

Honestly it's just hard to be a new player (as you stated) and it's made worse when most of your interactions are people asking you to commit crimes (which I have no interest in currently) or being shot for $0 and an empty inventory. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Yputi said:

 

Rule breaks shouldn't be a reason to punish other "criminals" who actaully proper RP IC aswell. They need to be punished OOC, personally.

About TLDR:
1. New players don't necessarily report more. At this point, we deal with loads of new players who are not 100% aware of rules or are just here to troll. I see them daily, but I can avoid them.

2. This is more of an IC issue in the first place. The reason why applications for PD are closed is because the current applicants are getting trained. Yes, I am one of the applicants who is waiting for an academy date I can attend. If those trainings are finished, they are open again, so its not that they think they don't need more.

3. I do have to inform cars save the lock state when you park them, no matter what. If you want your vehicles to lock automatically after a certain amount of time, you are looking for VIP. Then you can set a time with /autolock where your vehicles will lock automatically if you didn't lock them.

4. I honestly wonder how lawabiding someone is if you need to reach out to gangs for ammo. I got around 210K EXP on my legal character and I never had to do that. Though, I've done a server suggestion about adding tasers, so citizens can defend themself with tasers then just shooting. Instead, tase and run.

5. Not sure if crime needs to be punished harder. here is what I think:
I've been a mechanic on this server since... forever. And what I noticed, now also having a crime alt, is that the "easier" jobs (mechanic, DCC and Weazel) are basically routine work. I even bought a secondary monitor just because of this. the question is, should crime be punished harder or legal be mode more adventurous and attractive? I have seen many suggestions for mechanic that would add some things to do for them.

I do wonder, have you been to jail actually? There is SADOC there. I have amazing RP experience with them. And no, jail is not 5-10 minutes at all. There is a fine line bewteen what is RP'ed and actual OOC punishment for what you did IC, as multiple weeks RP'ing in jail is just punishing OOC. Not to mention we don't even have a court, so imagine if you also get in there without doing anything wrong/not that major.

And about the money, yes, its kinda random. 2.5K for speeding tickets are just to try to stop speeding people in NCZ. At the end, new wheels are cheaper then a bag, you can get 3 new Warreners instead of a laptop and Camera's cost 15K. We got to think what is the best. IRL, things are based (mostly) on what the best is for people. Why not do teh same in ECRP? Not everything IRL works out the same as in here. 


PS. Sometimes the beginning can be harsh ye. Like mentioned earlier: Loads of new people who are not that aware of rules and got in somehow. I do recommend; help them out, try to interact a lot with others and once you've been on the server for a while you will find your place. Not saying you will not see any rule breaks anymore, but you will be able to avoid them more. New(er) players can be just some more easy targets sadly...

Hey thanks for the reply I think you bring up a lot of good points.

1. I am actually the new player who was reporting wishing it I had gotten more help with it.

2. That's fair I didn't know about the training & feel better about it now that I do. Good luck on your training btw!

3. Ok i'll have to opt to believe you but I could have SWORE that I locked my car before I put it in the garage.

4. I am completely law abiding, but every time I go fishing at the dam, pier, or any where else that anyone else goes to at all I get robbed, because fish is worth it. I have a weapon I brandished at the man who was robbing me & my friend but we had no bullets & he just started shooting us because we pulled guns and said we weren't giving him our stuff. (this happened literally 30 minutes ago while I still have the new player tag above my head no one cares)

5. I think you bring up a good point on the making the jobs that are legal more interesting. But that is the thing. The point is about roleplaying a character, not trying to min-max money or stuff, or gains. The cab job is literally one of the best ways to RP with people. Yet some how there isn't a ton.

 

Also I have not been to jail I actually meant to say that in my OG post but forgot to mention it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do think that prison sentences are too short, and it's why people choose to commit crime so easily. There was talk of increasing the limit when DOC is up and running, which it has for a while, so I'd definitively be supporting a sentence increase.

On all the role-playing servers I've played before, the max sentence started from 8, and went all the way to 24 on a more serious RP server. I wouldn't be in favor of increasing from 2 straight to 24, but I would at least like to see a 3x increase in max sentence. (especially for serious crimes like armed robbery, murder, etc)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.