korrectmethod1

Being robbed and vehicles stolen as a new player.

I could be wrong but I thought new players under 5k experience were not supposed to be robbed. Twice now I've had my vehicle stolen. The first time was VDM on the highway when a blue mustang just smashed into me and guys jumped out and robbed my corpse. I tried to goto the cops, and I was ignored. I tried to /report 4 and got no response. They took my bike, I accepted my loss. 

Now it just happened again. I'm fishing on the coast, car pulls up. They take my car, and all of my fish.

I now have 2 vehicles somewhere on the map that were stolen by people who should be banned. And no I don't have the unix timestamp of when it happened with all the screenshots, I didn't know I needed all of that until I came to the forums. Now I'm SOL because I can't file a formal report on the players, and the cops will definitely never find my bike and my truck.

I don't expect the people to be banned because I didn't get their ID and the timestamp, it was a very wtf moment and happened quick, but I would at least like my vehicles back.

If you have New Player above your head and haven't done anything to make a retaliation from the other player valid then the rule has been broken. (I though it was 1000xp when New Player went away but I could be wrong) 

I myself am a new player and have notice far more criminal activity than role-play. I'm trying to stay clean but have been asked several times to enter into criminal activity and have also been the victim of being shot for no reason as a New Player. Feels a little like the city is out of control at the moment. 

The best advice I can give is report the incidents and let the admins do there jobs. Hopefully the role-play aspect will come back after the community comes back into balance once the rush is over. 

• Like 1

I can't report the incidents. I don't have all of the required information (timestamps/screenshots/videos). Cops in-game can't help either.

Both times I was minding my own business. First time I was taking the long way around the map to check everything out while I still had the new player tag above my head. 2nd time I'm on the beach, a good distance from the highway with noway of somebody seeing me.

They probably had some sort of wallhacks and saw me through houses and rocks, because I reallllly doubt anybody would have just randomly ended up where I was, and there is NO WAY they could have seen me from the roads.

When I said report it I meant to the police in game but I completely understand your frustration. I reported an incident in game and was met with the "we'll look into it" response. In the moment it's hard to accept that and move on but the PD (much like the staff) are dealing with a flood of new players and it seems only 10% of the new players are interested in role-play. Feels a lot like GTA online at the moment but it will hopefully pass. 

On a side note I've started renting scooters to get everywhere and I carry absolutely nothing with me. That way when I do get robbed I'm a boring target lol. 

Yeah I really feel like this is higher than a police issue. I understand the players won't be banned because I have no clue who did it. All I want is the vehicles back. My original bike that was stolen has been on the map for 3 days. They aren't chopping it. Now I'm afraid the same will happen to my truck.

When I was a new player, I got robbed twice too. I usually done a /b to let them know I was under 5k and couldn’t be robbed.

But on the police topic. I’ve been in the PD for around 11 days now, most people who come to report robberies don’t have much information to give us, no description of cars, no license plates, no description of people (who are usually masked) and no names. There isn’t much for us to go forward with when looking into the crimes people report which, sadly, leaves us with the “we’ll look into it” option. I’ll put a BOLO out for the vehicle so all cops online know that vehicle is stolen but it’s very hard to track down the people that done it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.