nikoh

Restore Vehicles WITHOUT Mechanics

I think it’s safe to say we’ve all either had a popped tire, or a smoking engine that can’t be dealt with because there’s simply no mechanic online. The feature within the LSC shop is buggy, as it only repairs the cars health on the HUD. Something needs to be available for players to pay for the restoration of their cars. In place of the current buggy system, perhaps we could drive in and open a menu similar to the /modview, showing our vehicle health, and how much it would be to repair it to full health.

Additionally, when a mechanic is servicing your vehicle, 9/10 times, the repairs of the vehicle are a separate transaction entirely from the customizations, which can slow down the efficiency of our mechanics. 

I think our mechanics are great. I love the RP with the mechanics. But the ability to restore our vehicles is essential to the playability of the server. 

Of course, this cuts what our mechanics will be RPing a bit. In my opinion I think it’s worth it, as we can’t always count on a mechanic being online to make our cars viable again. 

Let me know what you guys think!

well, give some interesting activities for mechanics, that they would be online in the first place. There is literally just no fun of being a mechanic at this point. On the other hand yeah, just fully automate mechanic's work with script and everyone can be criminals, ez 😄 

9 hours ago, micr0nas said:

well, give some interesting activities for mechanics, that they would be online in the first place. There is literally just no fun of being a mechanic at this point. On the other hand yeah, just fully automate mechanic's work with script and everyone can be criminals, ez 😄 

I 100% agree there should be more things for mechanics to do, for example, they could pick up cars that have broken down due to severe damage and can't be moved by regular players without repair, and have them sent to Mors Mutual. They could collect them for money, similar to how the rest of the jobs work. It could kill time during the slow part of the shifts and make the /mechanic feature a little more useful; allowing the mechanics who are driving around picking up dead cars, to be able to return to the shop for customers. 

Obviously this is just a thought, but nonetheless I think the mechanics of LS are great. I enjoy the RP when its not getting shot up by gangsters. I play on NA timezones so the frequency of there being a mechanic when I'm on is a bit lower. However its allowed me to consider alternative idea such as this one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.