Jay_Valentino

Remove some Vegetation/ trees from the city, frame issues

With all these new additions of furniture and miscellaneous items around the map everyone's frames are tanking unless they have a 4k pc.

Along with the newest updates the new territories on the map tank peoples frames from 30-40 fps which needs to be fixed. Some people have resulted to different graphics mods or horrendous graphic settings just to make the server playable.

I suggest just removing a few trees/ vegetation from around the city to improve frames 

Along with frames the HUD also kills alot of frames and some simple changes could be to compact the food/water circles into a bar or a single circle displaying both

Not sure how I feel about this TBH on one hand removing vegetation (depending on the degree its removed at) would kind of make things look ugly, but also I see your point. But if your game cant run at a consistent frame rate at low settings maybe you shouldn't be playing gta? The game came out in 2015 on PC I know people with hardware thats MAD outdated and they can run the game fine

If it was a widespread issue, then I'd be more inclined to do something about it, from the mod point of view but from my understanding the majority of our player base can still operate the game at a considerable quality and enjoy the experience.

As for the script stuff, that's nothing to do with me.

If there are areas where you notice a frame-rate drop especially then perhaps it can be looked into, but something so vague as remove some trees/veg from the map isn't going to do much.

On 6/30/2024 at 9:55 PM, Jay_Valentino said:

Along with the newest updates the new territories on the map tank peoples frames from 30-40 fps which needs to be fixed. Some people have resulted to different graphics mods or horrendous graphic settings just to make the server playable.

If you run the command /hideterritories that should help with your FPS a bit

15 hours ago, Quietthecutie said:

My PC is no spring chicken but even I can run the server at 60+fps on medium graphics which is what i would call "acceptable." 

If you want more frames i'd suggest either upgrading your rig or lowering your settings/installing a max FPS mod that is in line with server rules.

Personally my frames are for the most part fine, I'm able to get decent fps while playing 1440p but this is just a general suggestion to help the server feel smoother and less jittery. 

When driving at high speeds there are many occasions where driving past multiple items that have to render in such as furniture or the trees will lag your entire game and rubber band you back.

7 hours ago, SquirtleSquad said:

If you run the command /hideterritories that should help with your FPS a bit

What I've been doing with the newest update however you can still get the game jitters and freezes when your game has to load it multiple entities such as trees/vegetation and furniture. They also clutter the map

8 hours ago, Jay_Valentino said:

What I've been doing with the newest update however you can still get the game jitters and freezes when your game has to load it multiple entities such as trees/vegetation and furniture. They also clutter the map

Im Lowkey ok with the map being cluttered. its supposed to be a city/state, not a trackmania map. the vegetation does sometimes make things harder to see and driving more difficult but it also adds alot of character to the city.