Gavin05

Leo_Marks [ID 21], Rizza_Saint [ID 73], Gen_Marks [ID 171], Dave_Ward [ID 22], Ed_Timpson [ID 3] | Deathmatching

Player(s) being reported: ID 21, 73, 171, 22, 3
Date of interaction reported: 02/MAY/2024
Unix timestamp from HUD: 171469500

Your characters name: Gavin_Sands
Other player(s) involved: Only other people there are the ones mentioned in the reported party

Specific rule(s) broken:
14. Deathmatch (DM)

• Prior interaction should include escalation such as a robbery or a report to the police.

• Players on foot should only be attempted to be hit with a vehicle once with valid motive.

How did the player break the rule(s)?
I was performing a normal traffic stop while playing on my SD character. I knew it was a stolen car due to me running the plate before pulling them over. After the driver of the stolen car pulled over there was a kamacho in front of the car that wouldn't leave and the only thing that was said was me telling the kamacho to leave. Shortly after that I was making my radio call to get units to the traffic stop when a random kamacho rammed me at high speeds with no previous escalation. This caused my car to be stalled and I had no chance to run. Before i even got out of my car i was already getting shot at from the kamacho in front of me and behind me. My problem and the reason im making the report is because it just went straight to shooting. I totally get the idea of trying to hold me up and get the driver of the stolen car out, however there was nothing said and no chance. I feel the situation would have been a lot more fun if they waited for some sort of interaction between me and the driver of the stolen car. Then they could have tried to hold me up and get me to let the driver go. Overall I'm not aiming to get these people banned from the server as I've had many interactions with this gang before, all of which I loved. This gang normally has a great RP standard as well. However this is something that should be addressed maybe in the form of a warning or something. A way so the reported party knows that this does not meet the RP standards.

Evidence of rule breach:
https://streamable.com/546ccp - The actual shooting
https://streamable.com/iz8cw5 - The reason for the stop

Edited by Gavin05
Text Color was Wrong

PENDING RESPONSE
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• Leo_Marks [ID 21] @Marksy - Please explain your point of view in regard to the reported situation and provide any unedited evidence that you may have. Additionally, please answer the following question(s):

• Why can you be seen exiting the Kamacho, pulling out your Pistol and opening fire on Gavin_Sands?

• Rizza_Saint [ID 73] - Please explain your point of view in regard to the reported situation and provide any unedited evidence that you may have. Additionally, please answer the following question(s):

• Why can you be seen exiting the Kamacho, pulling out your firearm, and opening fire on Gavin_Sands?

• Gen_Marks [ID 171] - Please explain your point of view in regard to the reported situation and provide any unedited evidence that you may have.

• Ed_Timpson [ID 3] - Please explain your point of view in regard to the reported situation and provide any unedited evidence that you may have. Additionally, please answer the following question(s):

• Why can you be seen ramming the back of the SD Scout?

• Dave_Ward [ID 22] - Please explain your point of view in regard to the reported situation and provide any unedited evidence that you may have.

If the requested player(s) do not respond within (48) hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability.

Please refrain from any back and forth and respond to your inquiry only.

Regards,

Senior Support SquirtleSquad
Administrator SirQubed

Hello, I'd like to thank the staff who will be dealing with this report. 

In terms of footage I'd like to make it clear that we were not asked to save our POV so obviously we did not expect this report. 

So firstly I'd like to explain our reasoning for this situation and why we felt it was necessary to take the action that we did. Unfortunately there is a pressing issue within the server at the moment where players are using their server knowledge to identify chop/stolen cars. As seen in the footage the reporting party is sat on the side of the highway and seemingly made that connection and scanned the plates as we passed which I believe in itself is a little unnecessary for 2 vehicles passing by adhering to the road laws but I digress, once we realised that the officer was pulling over the stolen car we obviously knew that was the reason for the stop and that was going to lead to our member being arrested. Because of this and because we also knew that the cop will have called in back up we decided to act swiftly in order to get out of the situation. Ed had attempted to disable the police cruiser by ramming into it so that Gen could escape in the stolen car, a strategy might I add that LEO's have used on myself and many others to avoid evasion during traffic stops and Ed was in a vehicle that made perfect sense to execute that manoeuvre. 

While I understand the reporting parties suggestion that we could have attempted to hold him up in order to escape, we have the knowledge of the strength of law enforcement with the access they have to certain equipment (assault rifles, body armor, marksman rifles etc) so from our perspective it was attempt to fight our way out of the situation when there was a singular cop there before the back up arrived and we wouldn't have stood a chance. Holding him up would've only given his back up a chance to arrive and us being outnumbered and outgunned in a matter of potentially under a minute, I'd also like to point out that Gen Marks and Ed Timpson had no real involvement in the shooting planning or execution. 

To sum this up I believe we acted in a calculated way that we believed would've avoided our member being arrested, in the same way we would gain DM rights on someone calling the cops to snitch, we believe we have enough to use that same reasoning to open fire on the deputy who was bringing in backup. This situation led to a pursuit that ended up with us all in prison and serving way more time than we would've if we did nothing, this being said we took action we believed was the most sensible, and served our consequences.

Edited by Marksy

Hi, firstly unfortunately i do not have any footage and secondly I think Leo summed it up pretty well i agree with everything he has said.

My position in all this was i was in the front passenger seat of the second kamacho, to add to what Leo said i believe the cop wouldn't have looked so much into the MDC had the car not been bright white following a kamacho he knew OOC that was a stolen vehicle before he even checked.

Ed Timpson here, I think Leo has summed up the situation perfectly. 

We were out looking for cars to chop collectively as a group, when we heard over radio that Gen, who was in a stolen vehicle, had been pulled over by a single deputy. As were were near the area, I informed the others that we would disable the police vehicle and for them to drive off. Unfortunately, in ramming the police vehicle, it also stalled Gens car leaving us temporarily stuck on the scene and in the situation we were in.

Yo Rizza Saint here. No one in this report got told to save POV as it was not stated to do so.

I am not going to add much really as Leo summed everything up perfectly but the reason we shot is because it was a guaranteed arrest towards Gen and we thought we may as well just smoke one cop before his backup arrives because I can tell you now he already called backup after his POV ended and that would of consulted in a Helicopter with rifles ready to shoot on sight if we evade and 10 cops ramming. We just took the risk of taking advantage of our numbers before it became a massive shootout which it did, and I ended up getting full killed by a cop and everyone else getting arrested. So, it wasn’t like we ruined a full roleplay opportunity because we didn’t.

It is miles away from being DM.

Gen Marks here. Leo summed everything up and that plus what the other subjects of the report had to say supports my view of the situation. Nothing to add, but I don’t think I was really involved at all in the basis of this report.