tangy

Drug tables in public labs.

Yo,

So after playing with the new drug lab system for a bit of time now (Personally I really like the way it works) I feel like there is sometimes a bit of a problem with them. Sometimes when the labs rotate you will get labs that are a lot less desirable (basically any lab that cant cook LSD/Coke) and this causes people to usually not even bother cooking, people still cook in them yes but a large majority of people will not, and it causes labs to be a bit dry until they rotate again. It also causes a issue where if say Garbage and Island are active along with a lab like North lab, people are only found at island/garbage and most of the north side is pretty dead, because the tables at island/garbage are just better.

I understand that before when all labs were active there was a reason/need to have labs that did specific drugs but I don't feel as if there is a need/reason anymore due to it only being 3 labs that are active. 

If every lab were able to cook all the drugs it would allow for more unique experiences I.e. fights at newer locations, and actually making people want to go to these new labs to cook and hold. 

TLDR: Currently I feel as if there is a issue where when the drug labs rotate you will sometimes get "dead" labs where no one will want to cook in them and it causes people to not use them at all and sometimes will cause a certain part of the map to be a bit dead.

Playing devils advocate here, 

I believe the purpose of this is to stop people from holding a lab and just cooking the same drugs for which they have ingredients stockpiled for, forever. 

Once you "hold" a lab, its basically a license to print money. the only thing that limits your profits is the ability to continually supply the correct ingredients for the table. therefore the diversity of tables is there to add an additional barrier for printing money that you need to overcome. i.e you will need to stockpile other ingredients as well to maximise how many tables you can have going at any given time.

TLDR, Table diversity isnt a bug or something the devs missed. it was done on purpose to add an additional challenge for you to overcome if you want to make the most money possible. if you have the manpower to hold a lab, you should also have the manpower to supply all the tables offered.

Edited by Quietthecutie
  • Like 1

Just now, Quietthecutie said:

Playing devils advocate here, 

I believe the purpose of this is to stop people from holding a lab and just cooking the same drugs for which they have ingredients stockpiled for, forever. 

Once you "hold" a lab, its basically a license to print money. the only thing that limits your profits is the ability to continually supply the correct ingredients for the table. therefore the diversity of tables is there to add an additional barrier for printing money that you need to overcome. i.e you will need to stockpile other ingredients as well to maximise how many tables you can have going at any given time.

TLDR, Table diversity isnt a bug or something the devs missed. it was done on purpose to add an additional challenge for you to overcome if you want to make the most money possible.

Like I said I understand why tables diversity is a thing, but unfortunately now its in a situation where if the labs aren't the correct ones it causes people to not even bother and you'll have to wait until the next rotation to see anyone in labs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tangy said:

Like I said I understand why tables diversity is a thing, but unfortunately now its in a situation where if the labs aren't the correct ones it causes people to not even bother and you'll have to wait until the next rotation to see anyone in labs.

Well that sounds incredibly lazy to me.

You have a licence to print money and then question what ink needs to be supplied to print it?

If people cant be bothered to correctly prepare to use a lab they hold, thats not a dev issue. its a skill issue. labs are already the biggest money maker crims have. i wish it wasnt the case, but it is. the last thing crim RP needs right now is an increase in lab efficiency.

I want to move away from this notion that labs is the pinnacle of crim RP.

Edited by Quietthecutie

4 minutes ago, Quietthecutie said:

Well that sounds incredibly lazy to me.

You have a licence to print money and then question what ink needs to be supplied to print it?

If people cant be bothered to correctly prepare to use a lab they hold, thats not a dev issue. its a skill issue. labs are already the biggest money maker crims have. i wish it wasnt the case, but it is. the last thing crim RP needs right now is an increase in lab efficiency.

Call it lazy if you wish but its just the way it is, most people don't feel as if the other drugs are worth while cooking. And I'm not asking for crim RP efficiency I'm asking for more variety.

And being in a lab and cooking doesn't mean you instantly print a load of money, there is plenty of risk to cooking its not some one size fits all really broken money maker.

Edited by tangy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tangy said:

Call it lazy if you wish but its just the way it is, most people don't feel as if the other drugs are worth while cooking. And I'm not asking for crim RP efficiency I'm asking for more variety.

No. what your asking for is precisely less variety. 

If you don't think its worth, don't do it. go chop a car or rob a house, see how much money that gets you.

Big orgs hold labs. if you're holding a lab you should be able to also build up a stockpile of every ingredient for every drug recipe currently available and then put a few braincells into figuring out what you need to bring. this would fix all your complaints. what your asking for, is this to be removed. for every lab to have 8-10x tables of LSD or Coke so that you can just not think.

ill say it again. crim is in a shitty spot right now, but labs, is easily the strongest way to make money if you can make the most of them. if anything in crim needs to be buffed, it isnt this.

Edited by Quietthecutie

12 minutes ago, Quietthecutie said:

No. what your asking for is precisely less variety. 

I don't understand how wanting more labs to be useable is less variety. 

If you don't think its worth, don't do it. 

People don't think its worth, so they don't it. This is causing for areas of the map to be dead. I don't think its healthy to have the attitude of "if you don't like it then suck it up".

Big orgs hold labs. if you're holding a lab you should be able to also build up a stockpile of every ingredient for every drug recipe currently available and then put a few braincells into figuring out what you need to bring. this would fix all your complaints. what your asking for, is this to be removed. for every lab to have 8-10x tables of LSD or Coke so that you can just not think.

I'm not asking for it to only be LSD/Coke, I'm asking for every drug to be available. I'm also not asking for 8-10 tables I'm very happy with the 5-6 we have. I don't quite think you understand how holding and cooking in a lab as a gang works. Gathering ingredients isn't about having to do a lot of thinking, its about gather what you feel is worth the time you have to spend doing so.

ill say it again. crim is in a shitty spot right now, but labs, is easily the strongest way to make money if you can make the most of them. if anything in crim needs to be buffed, it isnt this.

I personally don't think crim is in a shitty spot at all, I think a lot of the changes that have been made to it or ones that indirectly have changed it have been very healthy. And this isn't purely about money.

This will be the last reply I will do for now as I don't want it to become a massive back and forth, thank you for replying 😄

Edited by tangy

1 minute ago, tangy said:

I don't understand how wanting more labs to be useable is less variety. 

because youre not asking for more labs to be "usable" youre asking for more labs to have uniform tables and ingredients.

People don't think its worth, so they don't it. This is causing for areas of the map to be dead. I don't think its healthy to have the attitude of "if you don't like it then suck it up".

Im not asking you to suck it up. i dont think Crim RP should be solely based around drug labs and their profitability. if current open labs are not to your liking, do something else.

I'm not asking for it to only be LSD/Coke, I'm asking for every drug to be available. I'm also not asking for 8-10 tables I'm very happy with the 5-6 we have. I don't quite think you understand how holding and cooking in a lab as a gang works. Gathering ingredients isn't about having to do a lot of thinking, its about gather what you feel is worth the time you have to spend doing so.

Right forgive my alleged inexperience in this department. please explain what the problem is then? because it seems like you solved it since you started this post. because now apparently its not neither a lack of tables or tables offering the correct recipies....im confused. what exactly would you like changed?

I personally don't think crim is in a shitty spot at all, I think a lot of the changes that have been made to it or ones that indirectly have changed it have been very healthy. And this isn't purely about money.

Im glad you feel crim RP is in such a good spot right now. alot of people, particulalrly those who dont frequent labs do not feel the same. 

+1 brings more to the other labs. Since the addition of the new labs, the main ones are still superior and only ones used due to having 6 LSD/Coke Tables. The other drugs have been obsolete for some time now. If not add other tables to the labs at least buff the other drugs. No one orders muriatic, barely anyone cooks crack unless you are in a turf war and idk even know the rest. People used to hold labs to plant but with the addition of the island, there is no point in using the others to plant as you can have people planting and cooking simultaneously at island. Overall, would revive a lot of the obsolete labs and bring more life in certain areas for criminals.

• Like 1

+/- 

Whilst the three maximum labs is nice as it means that there are more overall interactions in labs, i do believe that there should be at least two of the labs that contain the coke/lsd tables. this is so that multiple gangs are able to cook at once, without it being a king of the hill system with one “meta” lab. but there is still one available for the crims who want to have a different  type of tables for other reasons.

• Like 1

I don't see it as an issue if there is at least one lab that might not be as good. If larger gangs are more focused on one or two labs, and the third is left in the background and not bothered with, this is good, since it provides opportunity for smaller groups or solo crims a chance to participate in cooking. 

• Upvote 1