ash816

Criminal Items influence changes

In line with some feedback we gave our handlers, I am making this suggestion to highlight the impact of adjusting influence on drugs/cash/cars.

Before we would supply independent groups and trade favours in terms of supplying guns or drug ingredients for drugs/cash/cars, it gave groups or individuals something to aim for to help us and it gave us opportunities to interact with a wide group of people across the server at various levels within the criminal world. 

With the changes to influence (meaning that influence per item is much larger than what it was, for example cocaine going from 0.1 to 0.23) we have far less (if any) requirement to deal with these independent criminals, even with more turfs than we usually have, because turf maintenance is so easy. I feel like these changes have much reduced the reason to deal with other people in general, especially smaller independent groups looking for connections. I would never turn anyone away before if they had supplies, now we don't need any of it.

This coupled with the removal of the drug boosting cycle means independent criminals or groups can no longer offer us any value in exchange for our business, it has become a matter of whether or not we can facilitate the capacity of orders they would make of guns and nothing else. Placing these orders is largely just a non rp opportunity for everyone, with the occasional comp from someone else or SD/PD every month.

When the drug boosting cycle was a thing we would be able to ask groups to make us certain types of drugs in exchange for favours, or focus on certain types of drugs in house, however all of this depth is now gone and has not been replaced with anything. I understand this was likely removed as a matter of balance but it at least provided reason to create the other types of drugs, to provide people with different ingredients for other types of drugs and to maintain relations.

Would like to hear other thoughts on this but ultimately I believe it all worked much better in terms of RP ops before these changes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

+1

The boost cycle created a benefit for larger and well organized groups to interact with smaller orgs, collaborate on their effort, and pay better than the street dealers could to smaller crim groups. Until it was removed, I had assumed this was by design as it motivated people to interact in the crim world. There is now no incentive to go to a player organization rather than selling to the nearest NPC dealer. Erasing this feature with no replacement has simply erased that meta and interaction. The way it was done was quite the rug pull too, with it being gone overnight leaving bagholders hanging.

I dont particularly mind that the influence for the items were increased, as it shifted focus from turf maintenance to rp. Any step in that regard is a positive one in my estimation, I would just strongly encourage another firm look into the pricing of resources.

I will also use this as an opportunity to say again that it is very weird that the norm here is for PD / Legals to have exponentially more money than crims in general. Having worked as a LEO before joining the military I can tell you this is absolutely not reflective of reality in any way outside of those living in abject poverty who cant even manage their own wellbeing, which does not represent any of the PC or Crim players I've run into... Maybe the Bathshebas. 🙂

I would encourage a stronger look at earning potential for crims in general.

Devs needs to go back to how cooking, chops, packed cash worked.  This new things have not gonna lie, ruined/killing crim.

Official gangs with tier 2 dont need stuff from randoms or non tier 2 gangs anymore and this specially affects solo/smaller group of players. There is no reason for them to interact and no benefits for the tier 2 gang. 

There is no motivation for experienced people to chop or do anything anymore as the money is so bad, specially when you split it between people which is 90% the case.  You lowered the price of guns, but then shortly after you lowered our income.  Thats now a lost cause, unless you want to spend an insane amount of time cooking drugs with 2-3 tables or cooking 5 different drugs at once which doesnt make sense at all combined with having  1-2 labs active at once.   

- Police needs to place back the rule with not shutting down a lab unless the 911 specifically mentioned a drug lab and comming from a legal or a crim with no charges/felonies past 30 days

- influence needs to go back to how it was or atleast simular to how it was.

-the packed cash, chops and drug boost needs to go back as it was or close to it

Crim has had wierd situation for a long time, and recent updates has just nerfed crim slowly and steady each update. This needs to stop, and more discussions between staff and devs and players needs to be done before changing stuff like this. I feel alot of these updates are rushed with minimal testing and not well thought through.

This is my opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2