Pistol Pete

Prevent work vehicles disappearing if in use

Date and time (provide timezone): 06/02/2019 21:25 GMT

Character name: Pete Wright

Issue/bug you are reporting: Work vehicles disappear when the owner quits their job. Most common annoyance is when you've stolen a police car and it spontaneously combusts. There's some good criminal RP scenarios that involve a stolen police car but this threatens it. 

I thought this was resolved with the patch that introduced returning your work vehicle to quit your job but it seems not.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: 

Vehicle license plate number*: N/A

Suggested fix: If a work vehicle is in use it should not be deleted when the owner quits their job. 

• PogU 1

I don't know what I see that is roleplay about anything in that video.

You stole a police cruiser from an officer who more than likely had a connection issue. There was not any roleplaying involved, just game mechanics.  I mean you clearly didn't even wait for the door to close you we're in such a hurry to be able to drive the police cruiser. 

4 minutes ago, Squid420 said:

I don't know what I see that is roleplay about anything in that video.

You stole a police cruiser from an officer who more than likely had a connection issue. There was not any roleplaying involved, just game mechanics.  I mean you clearly didn't even wait for the door to close you we're in such a hurry to be able to drive the police cruiser. 

The video is just a demonstration of what happens, it's not meant to depict a scenario where I lost RP potential due to it happening. I have been in situations where a police car was being actively used for RP and it randomly disappears. It's very annoying!

It's tough because if a cop dies with their cruiser up north and someone steals it, they can't do their job anymore. Maybe make it so that you can spawn 2 work vehicles at a time if your a cop? Idk.

It is annoying when you've stolen a cop car or tow truck and want to RP with it for a bit and it just despawns.

Probably a +1 for me if cops are still able to do their job

• Like 1