JohnG

Remove Broken Freelancing Jobs and make everyone's gameplay enjoyable

The title speaks for itself - broken freelancing jobs create frustration and negatively impact gameplay. As a new player, I attempted the house robbery job after grinding for hours to earn 20k. However, the job was broken and failed twice, resulting in a loss of 40k. Similarly, I recently attempted the Coroner job and discovered it was also broken when attempting to drop off bodies at the drop off location.

Both incidents wasted 20-30 minutes of my time and a significant amount of money. This issue mainly affects new and less wealthy players, as those who are already rich tend to avoid these jobs. Additionally, there is often no way to receive a refund for the wasted time or money, as the minimum threshold for refund request.

My question is, why are these job even on the server if it's broken?

Here are some possible temporary solutions to not ruin players' gameplay

• Place an admin marker at the job site to warn players not to join until the job is fixed.
  • Disable the job until it gets fixed. (As someone who has previously developed server, I know this fix shouldn't take too long.)

• Like 1

Can you clarify how the house robbery broke? Are you certain you didn't fail it and get the intended result? I have done many house robberies and never really had an issue personally. 

As for the coroners, this is unfortunately a known problem that has to be fixed. 

6 hours ago, Requiem said:

Are you certain you didn't fail it and get the intended result?

https://youtu.be/fiCQCmpBj0E?t=490

Watch this clip from 8:20. The noise level was perfectly maintained, yet it triggered an alarm. I never received any notification indicating that I had triggered the alarm, nor did the noise level increase at any point in time. I don't see how this could ever be an intended feature.

6 hours ago, Requiem said:

I have done many house robberies and never really had an issue personally.

Several people, including staff, have made a bug report about it, as you can see in the link below:

https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/143492-house-robbery-random-trigger/

There are many things that need to be fixed, but what I am suggesting is a temporary solution to prevent people from having to do those jobs.

11 hours ago, JohnG said:

https://youtu.be/fiCQCmpBj0E?t=490

Watch this clip from 8:20. The noise level was perfectly maintained, yet it triggered an alarm. I never received any notification indicating that I had triggered the alarm, nor did the noise level increase at any point in time. I don't see how this could ever be an intended feature.

Several people, including staff, have made a bug report about it, as you can see in the link below:

Seems like this one is was a built in thing but I can't tell because your phone was turned off. 

4 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

There are many people that enjoy doing house robberies as they are now. It is unfortunate if you were unlucky several times in a row, but at this point in time, it is not clear if that is a bug or an intended feature. 

There have already been more than three bug reports made by community members, and you can see comments on those reports from people who have faced similar issues. If it's an intended feature, then I feel like it should be made aware to people because those 'intended features' make no sense.

Personally, I don't think it's an intended feature. I only included this suggestion from my point of view, which is why you reviewed one perspective. I have faced an issue where the house turns into a normal house after successfully picking the lock on the first attempt. I'm sure it's not just me who has experienced such an issue.

Regardless of whether it's an intended feature or not, my suggestion is not only about house robbery. It's just an example of a broken script on the server. I also mentioned the Coroner job in this suggestion. Ppeople seem to be focused only on the criminal side. I would love to hear community members' opinions on my temporary solutions.

6 hours ago, JohnG said:

This is irrelevant with noise level.

This is actually very relevant. There is a built in function that works off of the in game time that is specific to the robberies. This means that no matter what, you can only actively rob a house within a given time frame. Basically, no matter how much noise you make, you need to be out of the house at a certain time or else the NPC will wake up. Ask around IC and you should find out more about it. 

I have never once done the Coroner job as very few people know you can call the coroner so it's a dead job lol.