Reevesy202

Take away some of the cops "advantages"

Remove names so police can't use this advantage?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Remove names so police can't use this advantage?

Simply put, get rid of the names. This is why:

real life law enforcement have the ability to pull your license from the Ministry of Tranportation (or the Department of Motor Vehicles - DMV)

mdcphoto1.gif

We often fill in gaps game mechanics with role-play all the time in-game, you role-play having a stretcher in your ambulance when there is no stretcher in your ambulance - if it exists in the real world it's reasonable to say we would have it here.

Yes I understand that that's real world but this isn't. Not EVERY country has that system and I think roleplaying with what you have is better than giving you an upper-hand because you see their name and can grab them. So what that I can role-play having a stretcher in the back of the ambulance? That gives me NO advantages over anyone in-game. I also have to role-play giving CPR to someone with broken legs as I can't work around what the game doesn't give me. The reason I don't like this is if someone chooses to have plastic surgery the cops RPing the fact they have a picture on their system breaks all role-play because they have no idea what the suspect looks like now but will just read the name and say that's the correct perp. Screw that.

Maybe a picture system could be implemented in an update but for now I feel that roleplaying a system like that where you could just read the name and see them in-game is stupid, this is how people use what the game gives them and its MUCH better role-play (video starts at the right spot - 21:15):

[media]

[/media]

As you see he pulls them over for a very damaged vehicle, doesn't "recognise" them from a system that isn't in the game and instead he asks everyone for their ID's. You can see one of them is wanted and doesn't want to give his ID because he thinks he is wanted. He checks the names and says that some of them are free to go but 2 of the names flagged on the system and they have to get out.

Edited by Guest

100% agree, although it can't be proven, there is for sure cops that target me out, and all my vehicles have the darkest tint possible, they cant even see my character. It's meta if you ask me and they are just trying to give me a hard time, but again, hard to prove.

• Upvote 1

Sorry , but this is a light role play server.... If you guys dont want CK system, how can this be implemented. Light rp = light rp. Fair is fair.

How bout dis.... dont break the law. Simple solution to your problem. trying to create a community change just to get your way and to "win" seems like .... well, nevermind. Not worth my time.

Its light role play server... therefore, let it be as such. You want no names, pay for VIP to mask. Support your community.

• Upvote 2

So people can go and start shooting outside PD HQ, they can fight against cops with pistols without RPing fear at all, becoz its a light RP server but cops can't catch you? LOL

No, no and no.

Anyway the jail time is 60 mins max right now and mostly people get 30-45 mins for heaviest crimes, you are not ever able to handle that? In that case, don't provoke cops, don't be stupid to commit crimes in the middle of the road in broad daylight, simple.

Errr, don't know who actually uses the names overhead in roleplay but I don't. I don't know the name untill I've seen the ID. Car owned by wanted person is enough grounds to get pulled over though. However, that is done with a simple plate check that real life police has as well. (In the civilized world anyway)

Removing the names overhead is fine by me once the server is stable and there is not so much non-rp. At this point in time we need the names to report the people that fail RP or just DM in any way.

Edited by Guest

Names could be removed, but let the ID number stay please. For when you need to report someone. Also, if names are to be removed, add a system so we can name players, I'm sure as hell not going to recognize people by their looks and clothes, haha.

Doing this could make it very confusing when talking to people as you have no idea who you are talking to. Everybody's skin is the same ugly shit so it would be hard to recognise people you've met IC. Will names be removed from the chat as well? That would make it even more difficult.

The real issue here is that people are metagaming and the rules should be more enforced.

I do not understand why this post had to target police... this is a server wide type thing. If police are not to see player names, neither should non-police. Make it server wise.

But someone is all butt-hurt because they forgot they were not playing God mode in single player mode and got caught and want to make changes to "win". lol

Regardless, instead of QQing, how about you donate and support the server, and then just /mask all the time. Seems like a win for the server and for you.

I agree with there being an ID that only admins can correspond with the real name, with regards to speaking that would be okay when the new update shows the name at the top of the screen of who is talking. Names will not be removed from text. @Ethosyde this is nothing to do with the CK system, that's not in question here.

I do not understand why this post had to target police... this is a server wide type thing. If police are not to see player names, neither should non-police. Make it server wise.

Jesus christ, this was quoted about the police because a police officers post made me want this to help balance the RP for the civs, however I agree that the names should be hidden for everyone.

But someone is all butt-hurt because they forgot they were not playing God mode in single player mode and got caught and want to make changes to "win". lol

Regardless, instead of QQing, how about you donate and support the server, and then just /mask all the time. Seems like a win for the server and for you.

completely false, I am a medic and have never been arrested or had any communication with police as a civilian so your assumption is completely wrong.

This is not a good idea. I've came to notice within the community on this server that the vast population want to apply their "light RP" logic if and when it's convenient to them. If peoples names were to be removed that would up this server from light RP to medium RP at the very least and therefore would have to show through every individuals RP actions. Which is extremely unlikely to happen from what I have seen being here thus far. I concretely agree with @Ethosyde in terms of this being a "service wide" post. I don't particularly understand why the police were the main target within the topic of this thread.

If the police are expected to be held to such an extreme standard in every aspect of roleplay then please tell me why about %80 of my suspects take jumps 100 feet in the air, land on their roof and continue driving. My favourite of all is when a player is handcuffed with their hands behind their back of course and then they begin jumping 8+ foot fences running from three to four police officers. If the server took a turn and everyone as a community decided it's time to progress our roleplay levels then maybe a topic like this could be revisited, until that time I do not believe this is the best idea.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 2

Screw light RP. Medium RP is the way to go (before you say anything this server has been stated as light-medium, i think it needs to be addressed officially what we are making this when GTA:N is updated), too many people metagame as it is. Wish you lot would read the OP to see why the police were targeted but obviously I mean server-wide removal of names, use common sense.

Edited by Guest

Okay, please shoot me a message once you've managed to convince the server to convert to Medium RP fella. A percentage of people can't even comprehend the English language on the server, never mind learning how to RP to a "Medium-level".

Screw light RP. Medium RP is the way to go (before you say anything this server has been stated as light-medium, i think it needs to be addressed officially what we are making this when GTA:N is updated), too many people metagame as it is. Wish you lot would read the OP to see why the police were targeted but obviously I mean server-wide removal of names, use common sense.

Feel free to post a suggestion regarding the RP level of the server with the correct reasoning.

It's not just light RP though, both Nobody and Ob both said there is no tag on the server, you can light, medium, or heavy roleplay it's up to the players they don't want to fence people in with a tag.

Though I agree maybe not seeing names but seeing the ID number would be useful, unless you are same faction or have used a UI to enable your name to someone after RPing so if they see you again they can "recognise" you.

Then you have no way of role-playingly identifying people at all, you'll never know who your friends are... Yo whats your name again? like wtf no. Guess what buddy police have advantages over civilians, its a part of the role-play police are meant to enforce the law. this thread is dumb as fuck imo ill write my rage story book later

Edited by Guest

Then you have no way of role-playingly identifying people at all, you'll never know who your friends are... Yo whats your name again? like wtf no. Guess what buddy police have advantages over civilians, its a part of the role-play police are meant to enforce the law. this thread is dumb as fuck imo ill write my rage story book later

Someone certainly isn't reading all the posts about /permission for people to see your names and have you not seen any of the many fucking streamers who RP this shit perfectly with no names until someone speaks? Obviously you are set in your ways and can't see how anything can be done differently except how you like it.

Someone certainly isn't reading all the posts about /permission for people to see your names and have you not seen any of the many fucking streamers who RP this shit perfectly with no names until someone speaks? Obviously you are set in your ways and can't see how anything can be done differently except how you like it.

Except how I like it? You mean how it's been done on SA:MP and MTA for years and through other role-play systems.

Like I said - when I have time I'll systematically destroy this thread.

Except how I like it? You mean how it's been done on SA:MP and MTA for years and through other role-play systems.

Like I said - when I have time I'll systematically destroy this thread.

You lot from SA:MP always act like that is the ONLY way it has been done. How about you watch this video and tell me how bad that RP is..

[media]

[/media]

You think you can destroy this thread and any other thread that disagrees with you but welcome to the SUGGESTION part of the forums.. No one is going to get it 100% right.. its about suggestions and then we agree or disagree to implement it. So how about you get down off your self-moulded throne, say no and fuck off.

Edited by Guest