XeV

Ability To Disable Weazel Ads

14 hours ago, Tom Solar said:

I like the rgb ads, theres nothing wrong with it, it looks nice. People can choose how they want their ad to look withing the available colour palet or they can have Weazel use a template, either way the colour is not disturbing or anything imo, maybe if you have mods...

I also see nothing wrong with the amount of ads that come trough, sometimes theres an ad but its never enough to clear your whole chat and also the ads are a part of the city, they matter. If ads were disabled when the phone is off would make sence but then 90% of crims will never get ads because they play with their phones off.

Look I get it, you don't like ads irl and you dont like ads in game but changes to the server are made to improve the roleplay for everyone, the weazel faction is a necessary part of the city and if their leader thinks a change will greatly affect their ability to continue the roleplay then we should hold merrit to his opinion, definetly if more people agree. This idea has been proposed before and has received the same responses every time.

Honestly, I don't give a #@&#@ anymore. No matter how good or bad suggestion is added (not only by me), they get ignored 99.99% of the time.  What is the point of suggestions section on forums, If it takes ages to either implement or deny it. Just scroll trough open suggestions that are still stuck somewhere in the middle, and you will see. Might as well add time limit after which new suggestion can be added, say, 6 months per one suggestions seems about it. 

Edited by Antonio_Colombo

14 hours ago, Antonio_Colombo said:

Honestly, I don't give a #@&#@ anymore. No matter how good or bad suggestion is added (not only by me), they get ignored 99.99% of the time.  What is the point of suggestions section on forums, If it takes ages to either implement or deny it. Just scroll trough open suggestions that are still stuck somewhere in the middle, and you will see. Might as well add time limit after which new suggestion can be added, say, 6 months per one suggestions seems about it. 

So I think that staff added this forum so people from the community have a place to propose and support community ideas, this way the devs can see what is being proposed or supported and maybe take ideas they like aswell and take them to one of the upcoming updates.

This forum is not a roadmap and the devs are not obligated to take ideas from here, its also not a place to complain or argue with other members of the community, sadly when I look at some of the recent suggestions, many threads turn into one guy arueing with the people who disagree...

I've said it before I really like all the people giving their ideas but I dont think the devs appreciate us argueing here, imagine being a dev loading up the forum looking for update ideas and then reading some of the comments here... very motivating...

If you get frustrated from the responses or the lack of implementation, take a step back.

On 3/15/2023 at 3:32 PM, Tom Solar said:

So I think that staff added this forum so people from the community have a place to propose and support community ideas, this way the devs can see what is being proposed or supported and maybe take ideas they like aswell and take them to one of the upcoming updates.

This forum is not a roadmap and the devs are not obligated to take ideas from here, its also not a place to complain or argue with other members of the community, sadly when I look at some of the recent suggestions, many threads turn into one guy arueing with the people who disagree...

I've said it before I really like all the people giving their ideas but I dont think the devs appreciate us argueing here, imagine being a dev loading up the forum looking for update ideas and then reading some of the comments here... very motivating...

If you get frustrated from the responses or the lack of implementation, take a step back.

Yeah its applicable  for "suggestions" topic, however there is also "bugs" and other sections which IMHO are way more important and should be fixed asap. 

1 hour ago, Apex said:

I never wanted this more than when we had this Valentine shit and you were spammed with 90 ads a second. Make it a phone pop up or something like that. It's actually annoying asf and also ruins RP screenshots

turning it to app is more reasonable than just turning it off +1 to this

On 2/17/2023 at 5:09 PM, Asbo said:

We have a rule that were put in stone back when weazel was first made an official faction, 3 bulk ads per 5 minutes. Which is more than enough time to respond to RP.

Take into account: Valentines week, Thanksgiving week

Take into account: people type/read at different rates, sometimes 2-3 people are RPing at once (PD/SD scenes and/or shootouts, events, parties, etc.)

3 Ads every 5 mins means Weazel takes over the chat box every 5 mins. That's ridiculous.

If we had the ability to expand the chat box, that might help. However, a toggle would be 10x better.

+/- 1

I disagree with the initial thread about completely disabled weazel ads, sorry but it's just dumb. Weazel ads are some of the only "RP" Weazel employees really get. It's practically the point of the faction, being able to disable them is basically just cutting off an entire faction.

I do agree with being able to resize the chat box to be bigger/smaller, I think this would be a great change that I'd love.

Weazel ads are annoying and they take up a lot of the text room on screen. If we could disable the ads that would be great, trying to take screenshots of your /mes etc with weazel adverts popping up is frustrating to say the least. I do get that people that work for that faction it is the point of their job but that doesn't mean we all have to see them, the option to not see them would be great and ultimately it doesn't affect the people doing that job as they still get paid for doing it.

Could we either give them an app on the phone so that we can open our phones to check the adverts and coincide that with a little notification of the advert in the bottom left of the screen maybe like when the lottery is going to be drawn? 

On 3/24/2023 at 5:31 AM, Herbo said:

+/- 1

I disagree with the initial thread about completely disabled weazel ads, sorry but it's just dumb. Weazel ads are some of the only "RP" Weazel employees really get. It's practically the point of the faction, being able to disable them is basically just cutting off an entire faction.

I do agree with being able to resize the chat box to be bigger/smaller, I think this would be a great change that I'd love.

Yes that might be only way (besides talking to people face to face, making web site posts, interviews, videos, etc) in terms of rp, but it is forced on people. Just because everyone is literally forced to see it does not mean that people want to see it. It should be a basic right to choose if you see ads or don't, simple as that. Why should players suffer because of lazy developers who can't make simple phone app or other means for their interaction? 🤔