CoolDudeChillin

Hide IDs while in Car with windows up

-1, imo even when windows are up and tinted players inside should be visible and recognizable through the windshield which the script would "prevent". If players are incorrectly seeing through window tint IC'ly it should probably be brought up as an nrp issue.

as a side note: /toggleids was removed because players were being VDM'd and it almost always required admins to dig into logs and take up unnecessary amounts of time because the ID wasn't shown. I think they will have the same issue with this.

I think the old problem could've been solved by showing all ID's with 100% opacity upon injured state and we can re-introduce the toggleID's, but thats for a different thread.

hmmm I think it should be proximity-based and how tinted are the windows, like if it's pure black you should see id's when you are 1-4 meters away from the car and if it's less tinted then you could see it from further away, it is an important matter but I think devs have some more important things to do...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Antonio_Colombo said:

Enormous erect +1. 

Sure it might increase some VDM occurances, but we have admins for a reason and it is their job they chose to do by their own will. 

A couple of super severe actions like bans will teach a nice lesson to anyone willing to risk to VDM someone. Point and case. 

When IDs were hidden we often could not track down offenders, which is why it was reversed. The logging regarding vehicle kills isn't perfect 100% of the time and led to 3 cases of VDM being fully excused due to us being unable to determine who did it.

Big -1, just focus on aliases rather than IDs as mentioned in my suggestion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jason said:

When IDs were hidden we often could not track down offenders, which is why it was reversed. The logging regarding vehicle kills isn't perfect 100% of the time and led to 3 cases of VDM being fully excused due to us being unable to determine who did it.

Big -1, just focus on aliases rather than IDs as mentioned in my suggestion.

Hmm, okay thanks for letting me know, I was unaware of such issues in past. As an alternative to the previously enormous +1, can it be made half transperant? That way it is still recorded by people screen capture software, and at the same time it doesn't sore eyes that much. And yeah in general font size choosing could be cool, but AFAIK it's an issue on ragemp end. 

9 hours ago, jason said:

Unfortunately with even the current opacity, a lot of peoples' horrible bitrate recording/rendering makes IDs unreadable. Lowering it even further would make this issue even worse.

Hmm... Could be that solution can be found if coded some way, that if two or more ID's are in close range, and one or some of them gets downed, it automatically records it into logs with save time of 48h or so? That way visible IDs could be even disabled, but it would show up in logs if someone makes report with known timestamp. And 48h of saving log would ensure that it don't take too much of a storage space, because after 48h they get deleted? Just an ideas to help it happen, but yeah dev time would be better used to already announced update teasers, that's a priority number one, because if there is none in promoted time, people could be really sad