KonaKealoha

Something to hold player owned businesses accountable...

I don't want to penalize people who can't log on for a week or two or, heck, even a month at at time, but something needs to be done to start the process of freeing up businesses from players are have gone inactive.

Many people throughout various posts have all expressed the same frustration in regards to places like gas stations being abandoned by the owners, Currently there are 5 gas stations that are completely out of fuel and have been for quite some time. 

I don't know if this is a suggestion people would like but maybe there needs to be some agency that oversees these kinds of businesses to make sure they are maintaining at least some level of activity. Maybe after X amount of time you impose a fine, after X number of fines the business then is considered abandoned and is returned to the city to be auctioned off.

Again this conversation isn't to punish people who have something going on that prevents them from logging in, but it at least will cut down on the players who have completely lost interest in the server and for the most part abandoned their businesses. I know that it's no cheap thing to buy one of these scripted businesses but perhaps they shouldn't have been able to have been bought outright to begin with, maybe something similar to how the mall is operating where everything is on a lease, that at least will weed out the inactive folks. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by KonaKealoha
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, KonaKealoha said:

I don't know if this is a suggestion people would like but maybe there needs to be some agency that oversees these kinds of businesses to make sure they are maintaining at least some level of activity. Maybe after X amount of time you impose a fine, after X number of fines the business then is considered abandoned and is returned to the city to be auctioned off.

You should speak to the Bureau that already exists ICly 😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KonaKealoha said:

maybe there needs to be some agency that overseas these kinds of businesses to make sure they are maintaining at least some level of activity. Maybe after X amount of time you impose a fine

This is already a thing, and you can find it happening on the government website somewhere if you look around. But I do agree, the activity of most (not all) scripted business owners is abysmal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

This is already a thing, and you can find it happening on the government website somewhere if you look around. But I do agree, the activity of most (not all) scripted business owners is abysmal.

Thanks! Sorry I didn't know this was already a thing, my bad. Feel free to archive post. 

No it's fine, it's not something that's very public but you do have a point about 5 fuel stations being empty. You could totally pursue the suggestions ICly though as well as the government faction does have people dedicated to business stuff like this. The suggestion is definitely noted! 🙂