Celestial

Increase Truck Storage (a.k.a vol.)

The server's existing trucks should have a much bigger volume than 500.

• A small-regular car has 150 vol.
  • A bigger-regular car has 200 vol.
  • A truck has 500 vol.

Obviously bikes, sports and supers are out of the box. This is only used to compare sizes.

Trucks have trailers which should fit in 4-6 (not sure) cars, stacked behind and on-top of each other inside the truck's trailer. Now, that is only just the cars which includes the trunk as well as the car's entire body/skeleton.

I believe trucks should have varied storage sizes ranging from 1,500 to 2,500 with viable prices based on their performance and storage.

Fun Fact:

Burgershot's little fridge that is almost the size of a Panto has a total volume of 4,000 which is divided in 4 compartments. I don't understand how this computes. 🤪

FMFOn4T.pngy8XqNhy.png

Edited by Vixxey
  • Like 2

We see the same kind of problems in other areas of the server as well, such as furniture storage (lockers or safes). The two main issues are volume and weight capacity. The number of squares available is sometimes a problem with items that don't stack well, and the weight is a problem for some things that don't see to be balanced for their weight properly. 

+/- 1 on the concept of larger truck capacities. I agree that realistically it would make sense to rebalance this, but we need to consider the game balance as well. Capability to move a lot more can impact things such as fishing, oil mining, or ore mining and the economy of those. Can also impact certain criminal activities such as drug movement or illegal shipment drops. I don't know what that impact necessarily looks like, but it should be considered before changing something like this. 

I believe the values I have suggested for the volume were too much. I've adjusted it to 1,500-2,500. Hauling is so bad with 500 vol., hiring people to help you haul is even worse as its pricey especially when you've got to do it multiple times a day, not to forget about the shit truck speed and how nerfing low grips deeply affected their speed. Starting hauling companies/factions always fail as well, so I don't see why not increase the trucks volumes and adjust prices? We don't even have the newly added trucks by Rockstar in the server... I mean, if the volume is going to be 500, the trucks speed should increase by 25 or 30 percent. 

On 8/31/2022 at 4:11 PM, Bill Breacher said:

+/- 1 on the concept of larger truck capacities. I agree that realistically it would make sense to rebalance this, but we need to consider the game balance as well. Capability to move a lot more can impact things such as fishing, oil mining, or ore mining and the economy of those. Can also impact certain criminal activities such as drug movement or illegal shipment drops. I don't know what that impact necessarily looks like, but it should be considered before changing something like this. 

That's 250 fish to fill a truck with 500 vol. and it takes 8 hours to do it (done it) and gives you a payout of like 50k, practically the same for any other job as there's a replenish timer on work actions. More time spent on the server = better cash payout. My character does personal hauls a lot and I find it extremely bad that trucks only have 500, but Burgershot has a fridge with 4,000 vol. And how many slots in the fridge? 50? 🤣

Edited by Vixxey