LucasMadrazo

Creating a Community Suggestions Team

Hello!

I have recently been very active in the Community Suggestions section of the forums, and I see so many great suggestions that have been posted for a while now.

The server's numbers have been declining, yes, they do get a wave of new players here and there to replace those old ones, but what if it wasn't replacing; what if it was adding onto the player base?

That would make A. the server a lot more popular and successful player base wise and B. It would increase sales to the server and server owner.

I believe that if some of these suggestions were implemented, a lot of players wouldn't have left. People used to love fishing and look how dead the fishing community is now.

The fishing community has non-stop been asking for improvements on here and nothing has been done.

So, I say that we should open a Community Suggestions Team that works hand in hand with the admins,

I do not think that the admins should be a part of this team, but it should be a team of well-known individuals IG and on the forums, that are here to try and improve the server.

These people will look through the Community Suggestions, comment on them basing their opinions and send it to the higher up Community Suggestions Team members, so they can make a decision on if they like it as well or not.

If they do, they should take it to the attention of admins who can make such changes, meaning they should have easy access to speaking with these admins, which is something that I also think the server lacks. I've played on servers before, and it was really easy to get an admin to help you out or deal with a complaint on forums. They would even fix some peoples games through TeamViewer! That's a good admin community and honestly, I think that is lacking, NO HATE but It's just that I have seen a lot of really experienced RP'ers leave the server due to things like this. Eclipse could be amazing, with some of the best RPers of GTA history, but most of them already left. Maybe if things were fixed, some of them would come back, but I think to do so we need to form this team.

• Like 1

There used to be one but the bottleneck is that staff aren't the developers so the scope of the team was limited to categorising similar suggestions. There's several suggestions per day, the ones staff can look at and can address, they do (such as rule and forum suggestions).

Suggestions are just that, suggestions. For the developers to look at and be like "huh that's a neat idea". It's no secret that developer focus is on the criminal update and the clothing/customization update so naturally other suggestions might not see much development on whilst that's happening.

It's easy to list a bunch of wishlist items for script support or development but there will always be the technical implementation that bottlenecks it.

48 minutes ago, LucasMadrazo said:

I've played on servers before, and it was really easy to get an admin to help you out or deal with a complaint on forums. They would even fix some peoples games through TeamViewer! That's a good admin community and honestly,

There's several avenues for staff assistance on a variety of topics but that's not really relevant to suggestions imo.

• Like 1

this would be really cool, have a group of people going through the suggestions and putting all the useful and possible ideas into a specific category for the developers. And that's when the developers can review them and see if they're addable rather than the developers having to go through all of the suggestions, and this can all be monitored by the admins.

Edited by zaythademon
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2022 at 9:40 AM, LucasMadrazo said:

Hello!

I have recently been very active in the Community Suggestions section of the forums, and I see so many great suggestions that have been posted for a while now.

The server's numbers have been declining, yes, they do get a wave of new players here and there to replace those old ones, but what if it wasn't replacing; what if it was adding onto the player base?

That would make A. the server a lot more popular and successful player base wise and B. It would increase sales to the server and server owner.

I believe that if some of these suggestions were implemented, a lot of players wouldn't have left. People used to love fishing and look how dead the fishing community is now.

The fishing community has non-stop been asking for improvements on here and nothing has been done.

So, I say that we should open a Community Suggestions Team that works hand in hand with the admins,

I do not think that the admins should be a part of this team, but it should be a team of well-known individuals IG and on the forums, that are here to try and improve the server.

These people will look through the Community Suggestions, comment on them basing their opinions and send it to the higher up Community Suggestions Team members, so they can make a decision on if they like it as well or not.

If they do, they should take it to the attention of admins who can make such changes, meaning they should have easy access to speaking with these admins, which is something that I also think the server lacks. I've played on servers before, and it was really easy to get an admin to help you out or deal with a complaint on forums. They would even fix some peoples games through TeamViewer! That's a good admin community and honestly, I think that is lacking, NO HATE but It's just that I have seen a lot of really experienced RP'ers leave the server due to things like this. Eclipse could be amazing, with some of the best RPers of GTA history, but most of them already left. Maybe if things were fixed, some of them would come back, but I think to do so we need to form this team.

+1, tired of tryna help by giving good suggestions and they get ignored on purpose and nothing positive happens. It just seems as if no one cares, which is causing most experienced players to leave, when these well-loved players leave, it demotivates us as players, resulting in lower server pop. I generally think if we do something like Lucas mentioned above, I believe it will strongly benefit ECRP overall. By having a community suggestions team or even some OOC discord channel where we discuss problems or suggestions and such, staff, devs, and players will get an understanding of what we all want. (COMMUNICATION IS KEY) By allowing players to suggest things they want and getting feedback from majority of the server can definitely take things forwards, we just need people to take action so these suggestions can be implemented and would motivate more people to play more often. Everyone will literally be happy with the changes we discuss, and the changes will be enjoyable, as we all went over what we look foward to seeing, making ECRP more money, increasing server population, and ensuring we all have fun. I have so much valuable criticism to share that would benefit the server, but it just seems as if no one cares, I believe this post should really be considered and taken seriously, as this has a lot of potential to help the server and community. (NO HATE BTW, just saying how a lot of players feel rn  🙂

Edited by Jorden Sperry
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

What we really need is a community dev team that could help with small features 

Employing more devs would improve the server so much, Eclipse is one of the best servers around it needs more love the wait between updates is way too long. I don't even know how many devs the server is working with atm it cant be more than 2 fulltime, i'm not asking that we get huge updates every month just little quality of life updates would be a huge improvement.