George Vern

Two additional 10-codes for PD and some QOL changes for PD and MD

I have been talking with a couple of people about this and they told me to suggest it here, so here goes.

First of all, the 10-codes. 10-codes as we all know are used to shorten and simplify communications over the network. Now, the two additional 10-codes that I had in mind are as follow:

10-2: Read you loud and clear

Used over the radio to signify that someone is transmitting clearly and is being received clearly by other people on that same radio frequency. It can be used so that when someone does a radio check, instead of everyone jumping ship and saying "5 by 5" or "loud and clear" etc, they would just say "10-2" and that's it.

10-7: Going off duty

In all technicality, 10-8 and 10-9 are slightly different irl than what they are in PD here. 10-8 means "on duty" and "10-9" means "repeat last message". 10-7 on the other hand is used to relay information about going off duty.

Both 10 codes are very minute differences than what I'm used to, so no big deal if they don't get added.

Now, for the QOL change. 

I was speaking about this with Deputy Chief Kilo Crosby and he told me to post it here, as it would make life a lot easier, and more realistic for PD's and MD's line of work.

When you would go on patrol in real life, you would be issued your radio, your gun and your kevlar by the government, you wouldn't have to go out and buy it yourself.

What I am recommending is that for the purpose of PD and MD, that radios are implemented in a in house store, for example in the armory of the PD, where we can get radios, ammo and maybe even coffee and donuts for either free or at a reduced price. Either that, or we add at least the radio in the /pw command so that we can get it from that menu, instead of getting a patrol car out, while on duty and in uniform, and going to a general store to pick those items up.

I would like to hear from members of PD and MD on these ideas, especially the second one, so that we can have a better idea on how to make our lives easier.

All the best,

George Vern

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.