Herrman_Wolff

Herrman Wolff - Random Crashes

Issue Being Reported: 

I am getting some really random crashing that I cant seem to figure out and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced it or solved before. I will note that it only seems to happen when I am on Eclipse server and other servers are okay  and so is base GTA V. I have tried a lot of the suggested items on the discord ( especially the pinned post ). I have reinstalled the game and rage, put them in the same folder and separate and on a different drive. I have fiddled with settings   and I am getting kind of desperate as its making it really hard to play as I can be driving and then suddenly I crash and reload and my vehicle is turned on, unlocked and in the middle of a intersection. The crashing appears to be random, the closest I can get to any sort of pattern is that it typically occurs more near the Los Santos Police Department or when I am driving. The screen will just freeze for a second and then the game will close instantly. It can also be very inconsistent. Some nights I crash maybe once the full night. On other nights, like tonight, I crashed 6-8 times in an hour. 

Date and Time of Issue (provide timezone): Constant/Various but latest is 2022-08-16 00:09:33 UTC 

Your characters name: Herrman Wolff

Other player(s) involved: N/A

Evidence and/or notes worth mentioning: 

I do see that I get a good few EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION with code (0xc0000005) and it does consistently seem to be the last thing I will see in the main_logs.txt folder. I have tried combating this with tons of recommendations online but to no avail. I tried full system scans etc to see if any windows files were corrupt but came up with nothing. I also notice that I get this exception throughout my playtime so I started to steer away from it being the cause but I am happy to keep on it if anyone else thinks it could be a root cause or has any suggestions. I also get a STATUS_GUARD_PAGE_VIOLATION with code (0x80000001) and I must admit even as a Software Developer I am not too certain what this error is. This error again, seems to be recurring so I dont know if its directly in scope of the issue or not. Its also worth noting I don't get anywhere near system maximums for CPU, RAM or any temputure.

Specs:

Ryzen 5600x 6 Core

GTX 3080

32GB Ram DRR4

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit (Build 19043)

Log Dumps:

main_logs.txt Pastebin

cef_launcher_logs.txt Pastebin

Report.wer Pastebin

Event Viewer Dumps:

Faulting application name: ragemp_v.exe, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x62d9ac71
Faulting module name: ragemp_v.exe, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x62d9ac71
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001618cb7
Faulting process id: 0x2f3c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b0e3243baec7
Faulting application path: Q:\RAGEMP\ragemp_v.exe
Faulting module path: Q:\RAGEMP\ragemp_v.exe
Report Id: 9bdd3bf1-7603-4817-a667-19484f625d9a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Fault bucket 1885745252750507915, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ragemp_v.exe
P2: 1.1.0.0
P3: 62d9ac71
P4: ragemp_v.exe
P5: 1.1.0.0
P6: 62d9ac71
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000001618cb7
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERAEA8.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERB5FC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERB61C.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERB61A.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERB63A.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_ragemp_v.exe_88d6bee4a69b3406ef63be5bbfe46ed29fab6_c900baae_7879b417-abae-4fe8-a0df-6b3d3beadc2c

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 9bdd3bf1-7603-4817-a667-19484f625d9a
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 2de48a1bc889f73d3a2b8350f712bf8b
Cab Guid: 0

Faulting application name: ragemp_v.exe, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x62d9ac71
Faulting module name: ragemp_v.exe, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x62d9ac71
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001617731
Faulting process id: 0xa54
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b0ecdbebc021
Faulting application path: Q:\RAGEMP\ragemp_v.exe
Faulting module path: Q:\RAGEMP\ragemp_v.exe
Report Id: 6e303175-b638-4de1-af7d-b5ecf1eb5d14
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Edited by Herrman_Wolff
Adding Detail

Hey @Herrman_Wolff!

The possible pattern you have mentioned gives me the impression that the MLO's might cause issues for you 😧 
I have quite similar specifications and I don't experience any crashes at all honestly. However, I do know that for other people, mainly turning down the extended distance scaling helps a lot when experiencing crashes around these area's.
3e56f278d5a0898cd07b55e4eaea32d4.png

Could you try this out for us and report back to us regarding your results?

-Yputi

17 hours ago, Yputi said:

Hey @Herrman_Wolff!

The possible pattern you have mentioned gives me the impression that the MLO's might cause issues for you 😧 
I have quite similar specifications and I don't experience any crashes at all honestly. However, I do know that for other people, mainly turning down the extended distance scaling helps a lot when experiencing crashes around these area's.
3e56f278d5a0898cd07b55e4eaea32d4.png

Could you try this out for us and report back to us regarding your results?

-Yputi

Hey Yputi!

Thanks for the suggestion, sorry it took me so long to test, I had changed other stuff so Its slow testing each one and then seeing if it crashes. Unfortunate it did not help with the crashing and I get the same symptoms. 

I have tried a lot more as well, I made sure I was fully up to date on windows 10. Crashed. Updated to Windows 11. Crashed. Created a completely new profile and, you guessed it: crashed. I am starting to formulate another theory about a certain DLL that is loaded by RageMP just before crashing but I need to make sure its consistent. 

I am close to the nuclear option of fresh windows install. 

Hey @Yputi,

[SOLVED]

So I took the nuclear option and formatted my drivers and reinstalled windows and that did the trick! I am on two days and only had a single crash which was load based. I guess in the end it was purely environmental with it being a windows file or DLL and that interacted with some server script that was loaded in Rage MP. Cheers for the suggestion.

PS. I realise this is a double post but thought I would help to keep the solution separate. Let me know if I need to roll it into my previous post. 

Edited by Herrman_Wolff