Puzzling

Tweak Performance Modification Costs

The price to fully max a warrener should not be the same as a 10F/Paragon/Elegy Retro Custom

Like my previous suggestion about engine repair costs. I think that the price for PERFORMANCE Modifications (Suspension, Engine, Brakes, etc) should be based off of the import cost of the vehicle. This way a player with 7k and a warrener doesn't need to spend 67k to max a warrener fully. 

I think maxed vehicles shouldn't cost more than the price of the vehicle, all of the mods we give are not crazy performance boosts. Sure you might get about +10-20MPH difference but it isn't crazy.

$0 - $50,000 Vehicle Import Cost - 50% Import Vehicle Costs to Max ($50,000 would be $25,000 to max)

$50,001 - $200,000 Vehicle Import Cost - 35% Import Vehicle Costs to Max ($200,000 would be $70,000 to max)

$200,001 - $400,000 Vehicle Import Cost - 20% Import Vehicle Costs to Max ($400,000 would be $80,000 to max)

$400,001 - $750,000 Vehicle Import Cost - 15% Import Vehicle Costs to Max ($750,000 would be $112,500 to max)

$750,001 and Above Vehicle Import Cost - 10% Import Vehicle Costs to Max ($1,200,000 would be $120,000 to max)

Obviously these would be distributed to every modification equally (Suspension, Engine, Brakes, etc) compared to the prices now.

These are just random number I figured out be they seem fair, the more expensive a vehicle is the more it would take for it to be upgraded with performance parts. I still think all cosmetic things are fair pricing.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 9

BIG +1
I think prices should be adjusted a lot more when it comes to customizations and same thing about repairs.

Turbo gives a significant boost in acceleration and top speed and it is the most expensive mod but it should not be the same for a warrener and a 1 mil vehicle even tho the difference should not be too substantial (10k for a Warrener, 50k for a 1 mil car)

Engine upgrades for a cheap car should have very low costs while expensive cars with sophisticated engines should be insanely expensive.
I know that many super cars irl have adopted relatively cheap engines from every-day cars like Ford Mondeo or Mercs with big V-engines (early 2000s Koenigsegg, Noble, McLaren and Pagani specifically) that are highly modified for performance but those modifications do cost a lot of money. I would say 10k to max a warrener's engine and 100k for a 1mil car.

Transmission, suspensions and brakes should be very similar to what we have right now in terms of prices. A racing transmission obviously supports more power and allows you to change gears a lot faster (and violently) because you don't want comfort no more, you want speed. That's what you're going to put on your cheap car and slightly more expensive to support more power on an expensive car. Similar stuff can be said for the brakes.

Changes in prices would push people to think twice when they want to purchase a very expensive car straight from the dealership and would encourage them to opt for cheap cars when they commit crimes or know that will crash a lot.

Edit: Maybe the repair bit will change things in the server as a whole cause I am kinda tired of seeing criminals pull out their super car and put it on the line for the dumbest crimes with low or zero reward.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TheCactus said:

Changes in prices would push people to think twice when they want to purchase a very expensive car straight from the dealership and would encourage them to opt for cheap cars when they commit crimes or know that will crash a lot.

This could be a whole other suggestion in terms of making a more advanced repair system, both giving more RP to mechanics and when repairing vehicles. Maybe ill go write up a post or something sometime soon.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:12 AM, LucasMadrazo said:

I think tweaking the prices would be good, but I think there should totally be a limit.

There comes to a point where it's too excessive or expensive.

Not really... If your spending $1,200,000 on the car maxing it for $120,000 isn't excessive or expensive.

• Like 2