Phantas

State of RP Events and OOC Restrictions on IC Issues

Recently there was a RP event taking place that involved PD,SD and DOC. It makes no sense for announcement such as ''Please do not rob banks as they are rply closed at this moment with exception of Los Santos bank'' and ''The same applies to stores''. People take advantage of state of emergencies all the time IRL and loot and pillage. Just because a faction is having an alt rp event should not limit the other 90% of the server from acting on an IC state of emergency.  

Added below will be my conversation with the staff member that explained it was ooc restrictions as it made perfect sense to take ic advantage of an ic situation drawing all of pds resources, alongside the in game announcement. I feel like this situation was poorly handled. The amount of time criminals get told ic issue by LEO's and Staff to ultimately take advantge of an ic issue in there advantage and be stopped by staff is insane.  This server for the past few years has preached realism but I feel like how this event was handled was the furthest thing from realism. 

The choice between LEO diverting resources away from the scene they are handling should always be an IC issue. We found all of PD,SD and DOC at this scene IC. Multiple factions and players choose to take advantage of this ic situation and was stopped by ooc restriction just frankly make no sense and had no prior precedent on the server. I witnessed many solo crims, Irish, GBK and Shenzen attempt to take advantage of a state of emergency have there rp halted.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

Side note i saw how many pd sd and doc was around. There was no way they couldn't have icly done scene management and distributed  cops to different scenes. 80+ people at least

Anther side note: Government calls a state of emergency while leaving LSC, Bayview,Weazel and all its other business open but some how the stores and banks are closed. Like alt rp events for crims like money trucks and plane crashes etc was canceled due to players not being able to behave than something like this happens where crims can not take ic advantage of an ic situation is just appalling because it spreads pd thin if they choose to respond. Calls go unanswered all the time irl when resources need to diverted to priority scenes especially during state of emergency's. 

Edited by Phantas
Edited number of people
  • Like 3

Hello, I'll explain why this happened and why banks/stores were RPly closed.

This was an organised event, which has been planned for the last couple of months to provide a unique roleplay experience to players who are part of LEO factions. The event involved members from LSPD, LSSD, LSEMS, SADOC, SASG working together as a coordinated, planned emergency drill to practice their response, and handling of a state wide emergency. The reason to why banks and stores were announced to be RPly closed was to make it more balanced and fair as these places are not meant to be a free farm. As mention this drill has been ICly worked on and planned for months so RPly people would take extra security measures knowing whole departments would be busy.

We ask if there are events that occupies LEOs time we would like you to respect this as this is their chance to enjoy a unique situation to roleplay outside of what they normally do. I hope this clarifies this discussion, and if you have any event suggests for the wider community feel free to reach out to myself or leave a suggestion here.

• NAY 1
  • Confused 1

I'd like to add that I think the concerns of both parties completely reasonable, but from a developer point of view, we also place OOC restrictions on bank robberies for the purpose of balance, so criminals do not attempt to rob banks and stores when there are insufficient numbers of law enforcement officers to react. When we assign the robbery rewards, we assume that there will be a police force to react in order for there to be a risk otherwise we would need to reduce the rewards to account for no risk. I think it's really great when players intentionally try to divert police forces before robbing a bank and that is a totally legitimate strategy, but in this case, the players on the other side tried to enjoy a training drill event with the entire law enforcement forces of all factions involved which would not happen in a real world setting as it's only an exercise and not a real emergency, so in a real world setting there still be police forces to react to crimes.

Ideally there should not be any restrictions on players, but I think both sides have valid points and I can't really say that one side is wrong and the other is not. I think that we could make up for this inconvenience by organizing some purely criminal events so for that purpose I will talk to our staff team and see what can be done about it.

• Like 3
  • YAY 2
  • NAY 1
  • yooo 1