Wise Bear

Player Report Response Times

Hello.

I made a report recently on, let's say, PLAYER A. Let's also say, that report was done on a Monday. While I understand it takes time for moderators to respond to everything (4 days for my report). I have recently learned however, the moderators can give a 24 hours notice for any player being reported on, to respond. In my case, they also tagged PLAYER B to respond in the same time frame. PLAYER B was a victim in the reported event, but he broke character for 5 seconds or so to assist in helping with game UI.

However, the point is that I feel 24 hours is not an adequate amount of time for players to respond. It brings a higher chance to lack hearing of the accused's side of the story, to bring "swift justice".

This is just my opinion, and my belief. I understand that this is not what everyone will agree to, but I wanted to voice this, to start an open conversation.

Okay, can you educate me then in what the "you have 24 hours to respond" rule is used for then? As well as what happens in the event it takes longer than 24 hours for someone to reply? I feel like I am missing some information here then.

---EDIT---
I am glad I started this conversation, at the very least, I will learn that I did not understand something.

Edited by Wise Bear
Added last sentence.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion.

As administrative staff, we must inquire on a report within 2 hours, and a report can be active for longer than 24 hours with a request to head of player reports. If a player does not respond to a player report within 24 hours (after in game notifications, and 90% of the time forum notifications) then that is on the player for not actively responding/acting on a report made against them. We aim to keep player reports open for 24-48 hours max to limit the amount of report numbers, and to easily spread the workload for reviewing staff.

Suggestion Locked & Archived.