N8TGK

New command - /afk

Title pretty much says it all. I think there should be a /afk command so we can go afk for a couple of minutes without having to go off duty to prevent salary farming. It already doesn't pay salary if you're afk, so why not just make it so that we can toggle it ourselves? 

• NAY 1

THANK you for making a suggestion!

Although I just do not agree with something like this being implemented. It is just so much easier to just go off duty and logout or just hit F1 and hit the reconnect button or the server name to be kicked out instantly. Goin afk in "public' is frowned upon cause what if someone or a co worker comes up to you and tries to RP with you not knowing your afk. -1

Edited by XeV
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, XeV said:

THANK you for making a suggestion!

Although I just do not agree with something like this being implemented. It is just so much easier to just go off duty and logout or just hit F1 and hit the reconnect button or the server name to be kicked out instantly. Goin afk in "public' is frowned upon cause what if someone or a co worker comes up to you and tries to RP with you not knowing your afk. -1

If you have to leave for a significant amount of time sure, but I was thinking mainly for situations where you have to go afk for a couple of minutes with very little or no notice, for example a UPS driver showing up to deliver a package. And as for people trying to RP with you it could put a (AFK) tag above your head. 

And it's quite difficult for some people, myself included to immediately reconnect. I have mobile hotspot and it takes around 5 minutes for me to load into the server, so it's not really feasible. Not everyone has the luxury of living in a place that has good quality internet. 

• Like 1

ahhh fair enough, I recommend using the /toggletabbed  command most players use this command and its kind of an OOC way of seeing that someone is afk, as it will show in red ((Tabbed Out)) above your head and people will most likely just ignore you. Just make sure you tab out before you get up to go do whatever.

image.png.9fe73d2e3b19117d633ca508de3c9621.png

Edited by XeV

One thing you are able to do to stop getting salary is go in to your faction loadout and wear your civilian clothes. Normally to get to this you have to go to your locker room anyways, in which you should just get off duty to prevent anything.

I am pretty sure it wouldn't be too much of a struggle to walk/drive 2 minutes to your locker room to clock out.

You are not allowed to go AFK in public, only inside your homes and properties, and maybe if you have a partner with you but not for more than at least 3 minutes. 

You have /Logout which sends you to authentication. You have around 15 minutes to come back or you'll be automatically set off-duty.