XeV

Not Being Able To Do Anything About Phone Tracking With Cuffs On.

So yesterday I was arrested and thrown in the back of a cruiser at LSC. Well my friends managed to distract the cops and one jumped in the cruiser and we got away scot free, no chase, nothing I was GONE. Well when we ditched the cruiser there was one problem my phone was still ON so I started to think of ideas on what to do and I realized there is literally NOTHING you can do to not get tracked on your phone unless you turn it off beforehand. Cannot turn it off while cuffed cause "your cuffed or in jail and can use your phone how?" prompt, another person cannot /takebattery (id) because your hands need to be /up or /handsup. the only thing you can do is random chance lockpick the cuffs and get them off to turn phone off.

I was later caught cause of the tracking after MULTIPLE failed bobby pins, but I did some /me's and /do's before hand of smashing my phone in my pants pockets into a post and would have later RP bought a new phone from a store. Only issue is the cops on scene said I could not do that as it was not in the script, so instead of going /b or /report I just ate the RP and decided to make this post instead. so I guess I'm tryna start a conversation on this topic to get more ideas. Like can I RP smashing my phone while handcuffed to avoid the phone tracking? Can I RP my friend taking my phone from me? is their a better solution then just praying he gets the cuffs off in time by random chance lockpicking?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The script that enables when you are cuffed/zip tied is way too strict in its current state. We’re unable to take the phone battery of someone who is zip tied/cuffed, they are unable to get in trunks on their own, and it’s a big issue with my faction due to us always wanting to break people out of custody. Phone tracking is a really powerful asset to have and I do enjoy it, but the script for being cuffed is way too limiting for not only the person cuffed; but for the ones interacting with them as well.

Script needs to change or we should be able to have more ability to RP and it not be invalidated by LEOs.

• Like 1

I agree, we've had multiple times on my crim where we simply didn't have the time to get even 1 lockpick attempt off before we could turn their phone off. The only thing we can do to counter this is to pretty much always have our phone off, which just doesn't make sense. Issues I see with this are that, even handcuffed I could likely (not comfortably) reach into my pocket and turn my phone off with a little stretching and positioning. The biggest issue with this though, is the fact that we cannot even take our friends battery when they're cuffed.

+1 - I'd like to see that we could at the very least, take our friends batteries while they're handcuffed/ziptied.

• Like 1

I think that the script preventing players from taking the battery of a phone belonging to a handcuffed player is likely an oversight, as I see no valid justification that could back it from a balancing perspective. I'm personally not of the opinion that a handcuffed player should be able to very easily turn their phone off by themselves, but it makes no sense to me that another player would not be able to do so for them. Be that by means of battery removal, or by making the phone an inventory item that can be turned on and off inside of the inventory.

Lifting the restriction that bars players from removing the battery of a handcuffed player's phone I imagine is easier than introducing it as a new inventory item with the option to toggle it on and off, though.

• Like 1

There is more than one thing what ruins a bit RP situation and phone is one big problem and you are right about it than there should be some kind a way to turn it off while you are cuffed . Or the best thing could be if the phone is a item what you can leave at your homesafe or hide somewhere , But you would not lose your Number if you lose your phone .

Something like this so if you get frisk someone can find your phone and check your list of sms or last calls . 

At least this could fix a lot of problems for criminals , right ? 

Edited by Salvadore Rivera

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.