Shannon

Help out the Staff regarding Player Reports

I know its a long suggestion but bare with me.

So i'm pretty sure we have all seen the huge amounts of things that staff do. From answering your /reports in game, to looking at the server suggestions, and even playing the game themselves. But one thing that appears like its too much for the staff to handle are Player Reports as they seem to keep piling up each day. I want to suggest a way that will not only help the staff to solve these reports more efficiently, but to also give players a chance to understand where the other player is coming from and hopefully come to a mutual understanding. (I'm not saying people who broke rules should be able to get away with it).

I want to suggest giving the players some time to discus the report between them before a member of support gets involved so that they can see the other player's side of the story and understand it from their perspective. Then once they have both given their side of the story and evidence, then support comes in and makes a decision on their punishment (if there should be any).

To simply break it down and give an example:

• Player A reports Player B
  • Player A gives their side of the story and some evidence
  • Player B then gives their side of the story and evidence
  • They discus it between them
  • When they both feel like they have given their story and have discussed the situation, they then request a member of support to look at the report.
  • A member of support looks at the report and should be able to give punishment (or not) straight away. 

I feel like this could help the support as they would only need to review a report once both parties have given their side of the story and wont have to keep saying "Player B has 24 hours to submit their side of the story" as this wastes time when there are lots of reports that already have all the evidence that have been waiting a long time to get reviewed.

To summarise why i think this could be beneficial:

• Supports should be able to review and close a report at the same time as all the evidence should be there (this wont always be the case as the support may feel like additional explanation is needed)
  • Players have the chance to discus what they think went wrong and how they could prevent it in the future.
  • Stops players lightly reporting people (as reporting someone could get them kicked off the game for days and that should be taken seriously).
  • Hopefully some people will come to a mutual understanding (as is the case with a few reports that I've seen once the players speak to each other).
  • Would give support more time to add in the players suggestions or answer their questions in game or through discord.
  • Players wouldn't be so hateful towards the person that got them punished as they should understand their side of the story.
  • Players wont be waiting over a week to have their report looked at by a member of support.

Finally, the issues that would come up with this kind of system (and some suggestions on how to fix this):

• Players would need some way to notify the player that they are reporting against
    • Could be done by adding a tag "notify player" which would show support that a player needs tagging in the report
    • Make a system that automatically notifies a player that they are involved in a report when their ID/Name is mentioned.
  • Would need a way to show support that the report is ready to be reviewed
    • A tag could be added to the report like "needs to be reviewed" or "admin approval" (etc) which shows support that the report is ready
  • Players would require time to adjust to the new report way
    • Simply adding to the REPORT REQUIREMENTS should help solve this

Please +1 this if you think it could be a good idea and add some suggestions on how to improve this suggestion.

Edited by Shannon
  • Upvote 3

Hello and thank you for making this suggestion!

Currently, Senior Supports are allowed to review reports and investigate them as a whole and forward their investigation and recommendations to a Moderator+. The moderator would then sign off on the recommendation (if they approve), and the report will be closed.

Opening up reports to Support or non-staff-members, I think, wouldn't be a very smart move. Senior Supports and Moderators both have training in each of those orientations on how to deal with a report correctly. 

Suggestion Rejected/Archived

-Flucifial