Shurples

Traffic Suggestion

It would be great to have traffic on the roads, not only does this make you have to be more considerate with your driving but I think it would just add more to the city and server, making it look and feel more populated.

Edit - This is specifically a traffic suggestion, no NPCs walking around and you wouldn’t be able to steal their cars or get them out of their vehicles, purely for traffic if possible, I’ve seen scripts online that suggest it’s possible so worth a shot to suggest. 

Edited by Shadow

13 minutes ago, Jett_J said:

Our server isn't really designed to support NPCs. There would also be a lot of desync problems etc.

It would only be for the roads, no NPCs walking around or anything and it wouldn’t hurt to test it, desync doesn’t seem to happen very much anymore at least from what I’ve seen. 

Edited by Shadow

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

It would only be for the roads, no NPCs walking around or anything and it wouldn’t hurt to test it, desync doesn’t seem to happen very much anymore at least from what I’ve seen. 

Considering that when PITing you pretty much have to drive in front of them without hitting them on your screen to do it correctly I think desync is still as bad as it always has been. It's just an issue with RageMP.

Then we also have to think about how pulling up records will work when people steal NPC cars. And then how would impounding these vehicles work.

Also need to make a new system to delete all NPC vehicles which have been abandoned and broken down. Same with the NPCs themselves since people will definitely be pulling NPCs out of their car and killing them so there needs to be a despawning system for all this. There would be a lot of NRP NPC robberies/DMs constantly on the roads.

Another issue comes with our tollbooth system. The NPCs would have to be able to pass through the toll booths somehow. 

Adding NPC vehicles would also take away a lot of RP oppurtunities.

There would be no more checkpoints on the roads, spiking wouldnt be possible anymore without spiking NPC cars and PITing wouldn't really have any place anymore. 

Setting up scene management would most likely cause the NPCs to pile up on the road since they wont really be able to redirect.

+1, It is possible to spawn in peds and give them certaint animations, just like the peds for turfs, admins could write up a script where they can run a command and have a few different spawn locations for the peds, vehicles, and other models that may be needed. Maybe have it on a timer, or make it a percentage chance like it is with drug tables to explode.