Adrian Johnson

Cruise Control Bug (?)

Date and time (provide timezone): 30.08.2018 // 21:30 CET 

Character name: Adrian Johnson

Issue/bug you are reporting: Might be a bug not quite sure

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: Me,  @Zothian and a couple guys we raced with. My Turismo R got smoked yesterday by a guy in a elegy which has not happend to me before, however after he told me to set the cruise control to : /cruise 299 my vehicle both accelerated faster and had a higher top speed (literally 256km/h in the city) I've done multiple tests after he gave me that advice to check it out and it does really accelerate/drive faster, i also want to point out my vehicle (Turismo R) has been invisible multiple times, i was not able to find it even tho my marker said its infront of me (relogs don't work either). Anyway i hope you guys can look into my car due to i have NO damn clue why it feels so damn slow and so god damn fast when i /cruise 299. Did also the same test on the highway where it goes only 200, after cruise control 299 i hit everything from 200 to 233.

Another note: My vehicle has spawned completly stuck multiple times aswell when i take it out of the garage after /modview everything is visible again but i really can't say if its just the Turismo R  that is bugged.

Vehicle license plate number*: JOHNSON (Custom plate)

Edited by Adrian Johnson

1 hour ago, lenx said:

Yes, there seems to be an issue with the CC script not turning off properly when you disable it, leaving some sort of cap on your speed/accel. It's happened to me a lot in the past and yeah, the setcruise 299 is how you fix it.

Also, it's a known issue for vehicles to sometimes load in as stock or a different color. AFAIK this is only cosmetic and doesn't disable any engine mods but im not totally sure. I think this bug has been getting a lot more prevalent after the recent update.

Especially after it spawns as stock it feels slow as fuck and i have been owner of this car for a long time now, i know exactly how fast it normally goes.

I want to add that: No, i clearly did not abuse this if its a bug. I just wanted to test it myself before i went to the forum with it because that guy could've told me lies but yeah i am completly positive that either my car or the CC is bugged and not just bugged but heavily bugged.

Edited by Adrian Johnson

47 minutes ago, Osvaldon said:

@Adrian Johnson I've transfered your car to my test server and I did not notice a performance change when switching between cruise mode (with 299 set as the limit). Tested on a flat surface in LS Airport.

Thank you for your time testing it out. However we did our tests ingame and it was showing a clear difference from getting smoked completly even after my turismo head a headstart to the result of me winning. So i am not sure what it can be but my car felt EXTREMLY slow, maybe its the car? @Zothian also saw a clear difference, so did the people we raced with.

Maybe i am just delusional but i can tell that i have raced alot and i know for a fact that the Elegy is a fast car when it comes to early acceleration, but from what i saw that day i can for sure tell there must be something up with either the cruise or the car itself.

I do really hope you dont think i have wasted your time or anything because this is actually true, atleast from my perspective and the 4 other that were included in that race.

Yes indeed i can, but i'd prefer if you can spawn a fully maxed Turismo R there and we can compare the one you have and mine because if its not the cruise i am pretty sure its something with the car due to it has spawned outside my garage multiple times being fully stocked ALSO it has been invisible so i needed people to go into the car to make it visible for me again, sometimes even other people couldn't see it.

However if you just want me to do a test at LS Airport and film it i will ofcourse obey that. Waiting for your respons