fatherc0lt

Hunting saturation and Crime

So in the last few days i've noticed more and more persons getting into hunting which is great! It should be an enjoyable and fun part of the game. But with that has come VDM and other non against the rules crime. I understand crime is part of the game, But with how hunting is in its current state, and the lack of police willing to intervene, it really creates an unsavory and even sometimes downright stupid situations. 

I have a few suggestions that i think will really help alleviate the saturation and unchecked crime, and help improve the server over all.

1. Expand the hunting grounds. The city is very big with alot of unutilized area. From what i can tell, the entirety of Mt Chiliad, behind the farms, around the lighthouse, and the vast majority of the forest by the oil field is empty. If there were more hunting areas or a vast hunting area that daisy chained across all of these areas, people would not be stepping on each others toes as much. 

2. Fix the animals. Several animals have zero reaction to people. Getting close to animals should be harder, Especially for deer, boar, and rabbit. This would reduce the number of people hunting with weapons like golf clubs and bats, and encourage people to apply for firearms and hunting licenses (look at 4 for more info) Some animals hit lock should also be fixed. Killing rats is straight angering because of the inability to properly lock on to the animal.

3. Increase the spawn rate of wild game and decrease the spawn rate of farm animals. There is a huge outdoor area in this game with many areas where itd make sense to have a large population of wild animals. It seems very odd that there's chickens, pigs and cows; but very few deer, boar, and rabbits. (this would balance out with Wild animals being more flighty and harder to catch).

4. Hunting license. There should be a hunting license that you must buy to legally hunt. This would help generate revenue for the sheriffs department and encourage player interactions. To get a hunting permit you should have no major criminal charges in the last 3 weeks, and be in good mental state. 

5. Game Warden. This has been brought up multiple times by multiple people and its a very good idea. The hunting license and fines related to would directly fund the position and it would fall under jurisdiction of the sheriffs department. Having a game warden would help reduce crime, would have a BLS trained civil servant in the area when accidents happen, and help encourage good RP between people. 

6. Poaching laws. plain and simple, there should be laws restricting the use of certain weapons while hunting (like that bat and golf club), and give reason to bring something like a single shot hunting rifle to the city that doesn't require a firearms license but does require a clean background check before purchasing. 

I dont know how Devs care about these issues. But personally i think they would greatly improve RP and create a fun new job and better thing to do in the city. Along with these could come businesses like hunting themed restaurants and hunting tour businesses. Tell me your opinions. What do you think?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings! +1 to support improvement of the hunting experience.

1. Expand the hunting grounds. (Agreed, the entire northern end of the state should be 'wild' and animals can be placed in proper areas with raycasting.)

2. Fix the animals. (Unfortunately this would require NPC like behavior, which is very minimal to spare server resources and stability.)

3. Increase the spawn rate of wild game and decrease the spawn rate of farm animals. (Agreed, more or less.)

4. Hunting License & Interactions tied with it like Game Warden and Poaching. (Agreed, to simply sell to an authorized retailer you should have a license saying you know how to kill and prepare it.)

I've also always been in support of resource supply, demand and impact, based on player involvement.

• Supplies (of all kinds) supply shipping sources.
  • If players don't hunt enough meat or turn in enough grain, store resources dwindle and the import price increases.
  • If supplies are low, the pay to do that job is increased, until it normalizes of which the price returns.
  • YAY 2