Lennny

Money Making methods [DISCUSSION]

Starting the thread since I haven't been able to find a post like this. With me being new to the server however quite experienced with RP with past servers being GTA:W and LSRP on SAMP, I've got a question; is there a specific job/money-making method that is preferred by the community or do all the scripted jobs bring a similar amount of income (so is trucking better than fishing etc.)? 

Post your money-making methods or tips on this thread, anything can help such as what you prefer doing or what you have tried and found out.

Don't be selfish and hide your money-making methods; more players that find it easy to make money = more players will have time to RP = busier the streets of Los Santos and therefore more enjoyment you'll get through a busier server!

I've been experimenting with the various jobs doing tests similar to what you have posted, and I've come to conclusion that Trucking is the most efficient when transporting Fuel. I could also say that Farming brings decent money, however the risk vs reward is not worth it due to the risk of being robbed is very likely (at least for the tests I've conducted, I was robbed 2 out of 3 times). Courier Job is decent as it is local within the city of LS however it still doesn't beat trucking in my opinion. 

Another feature I discovered is that when doing courier/drug dealer/trucking jobs it gives you money depending on the distance travelled to that location and not the quantity you are transporting/providing that location with. So in simple terms lets say you are trucking fuel, a job that requires you to drive 8 Miles but only requires 3000 cargo will make more than a job that requires you to drive 1 mile but needs 8000 cargo.

13 hours ago, Denni said:

All of this can be found in game, by you, whilst trying each different method... Ask around in game, roleplay it, make friends! 🙂

I totally agree with this statement, however most of these scripted jobs do not require roleplaying elements in contrast to something like a mechanic with a tow truck or taxi driver meaning it becomes a bit of a grind to get just enough income to get a vehicle let alone then engaging in roleplay such as Poker and socializing events. Yes its true you can engage in roleplay through truck driving or courier jobs which I have done, however these situations are pretty rare and the rest of the scripted job is a mindless task of travelling from A to B with a worn out E key.

Asking around in game is also a good idea and its worked for me on some occasions, as some people don't want to disclose what they do IC (understandable).

This thread isn't meant to take away from RP and make people not research on their own, I encourage that, however it's just meant to save the first 30 hours of mindless grind which could ruin a players first impressions of what roleplaying is about. 

1 minute ago, Lennny said:

I totally agree with this statement, however most of these scripted jobs do not require roleplaying elements in contrast to something like a mechanic with a tow truck or taxi driver meaning it becomes a bit of a grind to get just enough income to get a vehicle let alone then engaging in roleplay such as Poker and socializing events. Yes its true you can engage in roleplay through truck driving or courier jobs which I have done, however these situations are pretty rare and the rest of the scripted job is a mindless task of travelling from A to B with a worn out E key.

Asking around in game is also a good idea and its worked for me on some occasions, as some people don't want to disclose what they do IC (understandable).

This thread isn't meant to take away from RP and make people not research on their own, I encourage that, however it's just meant to save the first 30 hours of mindless grind which could ruin a players first impressions of what roleplaying is about. 

Mechanic and Taxi are legal faction jobs, feel free to join them. This isn't a server where everyone is expected to be rich fast, or even middle-class fast, it's about role-play, effort and not just playing your regular old server that you'll get bored of once you've bought everything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Denni said:

This isn't a server where everyone is expected to be rich fast, or even middle-class fast, it's about role-play

Of course, I agree, I don't believe these jobs (excluding legal jobs with applications)  can get you to the point of riches where you are running around with a 20 house portfolio on real estate, its just more about those first bucks to get yourself a vehicle and possibly 10 grand to play around with.

• Like 1