Lord Lex

Few ideas for truckers

Hey there, I'm playing on this server for about 2-3 weeks and I'm annoyed by the trucker job...

I've tried all types of cargo and fuel seems to be the best... when you don't get d/c and crash and lose your truck, your cargo and so on...

I've also tried other jobs and from what I can see, in order for businesses to work, players need to feed them what they need, fuel, money (atm) and so on... and most of the players are hauling fuel.

So, what's my point?

Well, why don't you make this more dynamic? I mean, let's say, if everyone is hauling fuel, the overall salary should drop, thus forcing players to haul or get other jobs, the way I see it, we'll have more diversity and balance because players want to make a quick buck, right? I know I do.

Also, why don't you add a few vans at the trucker yard? Those would be used in order to deliver to 24/7 stores.

And maybe add shorter routes? Like picking up cargo from the port and delivering it to truckers yard, where vans pick it up and deliver it to the 24/7 stores, taking fuel from refinery and delivering it to the fuel depot.

Sure, sounds stupid but hey, this is a RP server, right? It's not "Godfather RPG".

How would you do this (the numbers I mean), well, when a player wants to pick a cargo, it should display at the bottom the current status (I'm not that good with words using my inglish :D ), like yellow: medium demand, dark green: higher demand of cars, green: high demand of goods, and so on.

And as like everyone has requested, maybe try and save the truckers from losing their cargo when: crash/server crash/disconnect/timeout/GTA:N/you name it. (I'm not sure if other jobs are affected by this, losing their check point, cargo, etc)

The way I see it... you can't have the whole server in gangs/factions (or 80% of it), so if players want to make money, they need to pick up a job...

*Please note that this suggestion is not perfect and it's just the way I see it being better, I'm looking forward for other players sharing their view on this. :-)

I have been considering a complete rewrite on Trucking when the new GTAN update comes out. There is so much I want to do with trailer dynamics. The dynamic supply and demand was the original idea but due to time frames we cut it short. Trucking has not been forgotten. It will get some love in the future, I promise. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/threads/trucker-job-additions.952/

Its old and forgotten, but that is what I suggesed to change this job, fairly similar to your suggestion.

Also its useless to add a van to the trucker job, smarter would be just add it to the courier job, you choose to deliver to the houses or shops.

Ah, sorry, I've looked only on this page (thread page 1), and nobody really said anything about this on /cb.

I'm really happy someone decided to post about this because it feels unpolished, unfinished... I don't know, it could be more. :)

About the vans, yeah, that should do it!

I have been considering a complete rewrite on Trucking when the new GTAN update comes out. There is so much I want to do with trailer dynamics. The dynamic supply and demand was the original idea but due to time frames we cut it short. Trucking has not been forgotten. It will get some love in the future, I promise. :)

Wohooooooo!!! This sounds really awesome!

Edited by Guest