Xoogle

F2 and mouse cursor

I would love if it's possible to implement a feature that enables your mouse cursor automatically whenever you open any type of inventory or menu, I'm pretty sure it already does for some things.

I personally use a 60% keyboard and it's a pain in the ass when I'm using drug tables for example, constantly having to take my hands off my mouse to press FN+2 to use F2, etc.

It would just make the gameplay a bit more fluid overall.

Edited by Xoogle
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

There is ahk so you can rebind stuff.

Why use AHK if its a simple useful change? Be aware that AHK causes input delay sometimes as well.

If I'm understanding this correctly from what the op said, the drug table's menu doesn't automatically show the cursor and he's having difficulty reaching for the bind to toggle it, hence why he suggested this so the cursor automatically gets toggled (like the inventory, 'I').

XfYLEbX.gif

Edited by Vixey
  • polarcop 1

37 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

What would be a better key to put it on? @Vixey

He's not asking for a key change... He literally said that he needs to press the FN+2 button to toggle the mouse on/off which is painful, that's how his keyboard functions.

Currently, the mouse gets automatically toggled when you press I (the inventory obviously), however, for the drug tables crafting menu, the mouse doesn't automatically pop up as in the inventory. It's like universally making the mouse pop up in all menus without the need to press F2 (not changing or removing the key), and I support that.

13 minutes ago, Vixey said:

He's not asking for a key change... He literally said that he needs to press the FN+2 button to toggle the mouse on/off which is painful, that's how his keyboard functions.

Currently, the mouse gets automatically toggled when you press I (the inventory obviously), however, for the drug tables crafting menu, the mouse doesn't automatically pop up as in the inventory. It's like universally making the mouse pop up in all menus without the need to press F2 (not changing or removing the key), and I support that.

This. It's a pain in the ass with a 60% keyboard. I feel like the mouse popping up in all menus and inventories should just be a thing, just like it does when you open your inventory.

Rebinding is an option, but as you might know a 60% keyboard doesn't have that many options to rebind something to as it's literally missing 40% of the keys a normal keyboard has. I'm sure a lot more people play with a 60% keyboard and would find this a nice QOL change.