KonaKealoha

Implement Accessible Public Records

I would like to propose being able to access information that in real life would be public records. Whether through the government website or an in person government employee. 

I have a neighbor who I've never seen and I've sent letters, and it's very important for a reason that I know who lives there... IRL This information would be public as you can go to any County Clerk office and get the name of who lives at a certain property. A first and last name doesn't hinder the persons privacy so there's no real issue with knowing a name but there's just no way to get that information in game. 

A government section where you can apply to get that information using an address would be very beneficial to me and I'm sure others who are in the same boat. 

(Not sure if this is the right area to post this.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Public records being available would be a neat addition to be honest, to both civilian and criminal rp. Or at least on a by-request basis handled by the government but I think that'd be more of an IC thing anyway. 

There might need to be a little script support for this but I think we could probably get something like this made available if gone through the government so I'd personally recommend going through those channels to see if it's something they're interested in doing. Overall +1

• Like 2

+1 for sure. I’m also interested to see whether or not others would agree on prison sentences being public information as well. Sometimes someone we may know may be in prison and there’s no way to find out until they’re out, which I think could be changed by adding a way to see this somehow beforehand.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anneliese said:

+1 for sure. I’m also interested to see whether or not others would agree on prison sentences being public information as well. Sometimes someone we may know may be in prison and there’s no way to find out until they’re out, which I think could be changed by adding a way to see this somehow beforehand.

I definitely think that falls under what is normally accessible to the public. I started the thread by being selfish because I REALLY want to buy my neighbors house but yeah it has a ton of great RP potential. 

• Like 1