Stolen cars and speed limits

If a car is stolen, by lockpicking, we shouldn't get charged for speeding as in real life, the charges would go to the license plate and you would have to pay them off like that, not magically just assign to your character. If your cars been stolen you can report it stolen and if anyone was to go over the speed limit in that car , it wouldn't give you fines.

Hello! Thank-you for taking the time to make this suggestion.

-1 for me I'm afraid.

The logistics of this for the victim/owner of the car paying off/appealing the fines is too complex for the server and was cause a mass backlog of appeals.

A better suggestion could be maybe if the owner of the car marks the car as stolen, the car would be exempt from speeding fines.

We currently have a weapon's system in which you can mark it as stolen, it should be simple enough to add a vehicle since each vehicle is unique by it's license plate.

• Like 1

Yes, i agree with this.

To de-activate the exemption from speeding tickets, it could automatically revert to not stolen when it is impounded/destroyed(Sent to Mors).

My only concern is that people would take advantage of this by reporting it stolen, then getting involved in criminal activity to limit the fines they receive while trying to evade etc.

Being exempt from speeding fines just because you decide to mark your vehicle as stolen doesn't make any sense realistically speaking. 

The speed cameras are there as an IC deterrent, but they're just as much meant as an OOC deterrent too since they're solely placed around No Crime Zones, they're meant to help keep those areas safe from people blowing through them and potentially running somebody over. Same with why the pier one was added, too many people came flying in and would crash into people/cars. Since they've been added the cases of crashing near them have gone down significantly.

I say the current system is best left as it is.