Xoogle

Suggested change to impound system

The way the impound system works at this moment is ridiculous. You're sometimes sat there waiting for 30+(!!!!!) minutes waiting for an officer to respond and come get your vehicle out of impound.

There are multiple ways you could change this:

- Make it so that cops actually get paid for handling impounds, give them incentive to do it because most cops just don't care about doing it at this point cause there is no reward tied to it for them.

- Make it a "pay a ticket" type of system just like you pay your tickets at the police station. Pay the fine and your car gets out of impound, this completely eliminates the need of having to wait for a cop to get your vehicle out of the impound.

- Give mechanics the option to handle impounds as well, not just cops.

Also, I learnt that apparently PD/SD can not see whether someone is waiting at the impound over at Paleto or down in the city whenever someone puts in a request, confusing the officers by not knowing where to go, thus pretty much no one making the effort to check. Maybe making it so that they can see WHERE the request is being put in from would help a lot already.

Edited by Xoogle
  • Like 1

Hello! We appreciate your suggestion however there are a few flaws with this suggestion which i'll list below for you.

Make it so that cops actually get paid for handling impounds, give them incentive to do it because most cops just don't care about doing it at this point cause there is no reward tied to it for them.
Cops are already paid a wage packet, which includes completing impound duties. If your character feels that 'cops don't care about doing it', take the issue up ICly with the police department.

Make it a "pay a ticket" type of system just like you pay your tickets at the police station. Pay the fine and your car gets out of impound, this completely eliminates the need of having to wait for a cop to get your vehicle out of the impound.
There are other factors that go into the releasing of a vehicle from the impound lot, i won't provide all but an example could be that the owner has no valid drivers license. This disables the ability to allow them to retrieve their vehicle back (Not scriptly, RPly.)
There are also limited spots in the impound lot already, and would cause a space and spawn in issue.

Give mechanics the option to handle impounds as well, not just cops.

Like i stated above, releasing vehicles cannot be undertaken by mechanics as there are legal obligations involved in the release of a vehicle and mechanics are not authorised to enforce the penal code.
The are able to impound vehicles, just not release.

I find that the majority of inconveniences or issues that arise with subjects like this can be resolved by speaking to someone IC, maybe try that and see how it goes?