John Rugen

Can't connect/timeout error

Hi all, I'm new here. I loaded up the GTA:N and tried to connect to the sever. After downloading various things I got taken back to the main menu. After a few tries, it now only downloads two things. The second/last thing it downloads is the quiz. After that reaches 100% it pauses and I sometimes get a glimpse of a character in a clown outfit floating in the air.

It then proceeds to take me back to the main menu and a message at the bottom is displayed reading: "Downloading: EndOfTransfer 100%"

Any tips? I know that there was some problems with timeouts due to the GTA:N but a hotfix has been released and I am able to join another RP server without the same problem.

I have a feeling it might help if I delete all the content downloaded through this server, if that will help how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance.

The GTA:N update fixed an exploit that allowed hackers to cause massive timeout problems for all servers.

What you're experiencing right now is the classic timeout (sometimes timeout + crash) scenario. It may have something to do with the amount of scripts we're using and affects some people. We can only hope that the BIG upcoming GTA:N update fixes this. You could try these solutions and the ones posted in GTA:N forums https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/threads/timeout-crash-on-connect-desync.898/ You could try joining with another computer if you got access to any.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

i'm tired of gta network, i'm now having a problem where as soon as i connect i'm right back out of the server, no timeout message at all, was just on there for maybe 10 minutes before gta 5 crashed. i'm starting to loose faith and patience with all of these set backs, i can never get a solid 30 mins of gameplay

The GTA:N update fixed an exploit that allowed hackers to cause massive timeout problems for all servers.

What you're experiencing right now is the classic timeout (sometimes timeout + crash) scenario. It may have something to do with the amount of scripts we're using and affects some people. We can only hope that the BIG upcoming GTA:N update fixes this. You could try these solutions and the ones posted in GTA:N forums https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/threads/timeout-crash-on-connect-desync.898/ You could try joining with another computer if you got access to any.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll look over what they've advised.

I can't see the server at all now on the server list, nor connect via favourites. Is it down?

Happened 2 or 3 times to me last night, i'm not sure what's going on anymore, way too many problems to have any fun on the server, it's either time outs, gta 5 crashing, get on the server see login screen and get disconnected from the server with no timeout message or just simply can't find the server.

Very frustrating....