Harbingerman

Commenting On Player Reports; Forum Rules

I would like to ask since I have not seen or missed the forum rules somewhere why I am getting 2 warning points for expressing my opinion in regards to a general RP situation on the server here?

If there are forum rules I would like to know where they are so I can abide by them. I am fairly new but have read many posts and am learning RP as it applies here.

Also if warning points are given, where are the rules for that?

If a moderator has to warn someone publicly I dont feel that is proper. Warnings and such should be of a private matter. I cant break a rule if I dont know it exists.

Since the warning points were assessed to me publicly I am requesting them to be removed as I was not aware of not posting anywhere on the forums and that some topics are closed; yes that is a lack of RP on my part but at least I am showing interest and I am being penalized for it.

Obviously if I knew the rule I would not have commented on the player report and will not do so in the future. I commented on another player report but just to say I was reading it and learning about RP and I apologize for interrupting. (This was before I read my warning post in a player thread).

(I just found the forum rules in the Information and am reading them)

Edited by Harbingerman
Addendum - Forum Rules Found

Hello,

After having read the forum rules dated Oct 16, 2016, I see no rule that says anyone may not comment on player reports other then and players involved. As such I am requesting my points be removed especially since 5 points makes for a 1 month ban on the forum when I am trying to get into the game yet? Wow I think that is excessive.

Perhaps the rules should be updated to reflect no commenting on player reports if you are not involved with them in some way?

While we are on the subject of forum rules, let me add I read a post about Metagaming on the forum and elsewhere ( a few posts actually).

There should be a rule about not reading peoples' applications? I dont totally understand this, but I also do understand it from a RP point of view from the post I read; no one would know an application was being made; well what if I was standing in line behind the person?! I am sort of joking here but I do understand the intent of the meaning here.

It would be nice to see some RP specifics on forum posts regarding Metagaming as many of us are not that adept in RP.

Thank you.

Hello there Harbingerman,

it states on the topic 

"Players who are NOT INVOLVED in the report are not allowed to respond unless sharing necessary or pertinent concrete evidence ("I can confirm." or "That's what happened." is not acceptable). If you comment on a report you're not involved in you may be warned by a forum moderator."

Since you weren't involved in this situation at all, you were given warning points. You can try and appeal them in the appeals section:

https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/forum/3-punishment-appeals/ 

It is NOT a forum rule as listed in the forum rules section dated Oct 2016; the rules should be updated so hence I did not break any rules.

As for the aforementioned post most new people are not going to read through massive amounts of information only to find out half way through this rule where no one involved may enterin their opinions or insights as to what rules may or may have not been broken in the player report.

The only rules I read were the Forum rules; I was not aware there has to be rules for every forum thread too.

Edited by Harbingerman
error

Post will be locked and archived due to the request from the creator!

You did break a rule that was located in the player reports section. There is a pinned post within that section that lists all of the guidelines for that specific section! Feel free to make an appeal.

Locked/Archived.