NeganTrueSavior

Store Robbery Power Gaming

You know Risk Vs Reward comes up a lot I knew tons who used to rob stores and make money that way and chop cars but now there are cameras in the stores cops can watch from a Remote location which is Power gaming cause you are taking from criminals the ability to rob stores by giving cops the ability to view the CCTV cause I had a friend tell me he was caught cause the cop saw from the Camera in a store was cut off cause of that the cops went to investigate first off the CCTV system in a store should only let you watch from in the store.

Not from a remote location some place else so there is no more really store robberies cause no one can get away with it while cops can just randomly look and see a robbery in progress on the CCTV camera the CCTV camera should only be for viewing what's already happen means when the alarm goes off and the cops arrive and find no criminals the cop should have to walk inside to the CCTV camera and check it if its cut all they will see is before the cutting of the camera but if the criminals don't do it than the cop can see what happen the whole time inside the store.

As criminals we need to know we hit a store waste money on cutting tools that cops won't show up and arrest us the minute the feed goes down other wise what's the point on robbing stores if cops can watch cameras any time they want and see oh look store robbery.

Let's Make Store Robbery's Great Again by changing where the CCTV camera can be accessed Lets +1 this and get criminals back on top

• Upvote 2

-1 It's clearly not powergaming and would not fall under that rule bracket, it's used exactly as the developers implemented it.

Majority of cops do not watch the cctv live, and it can only be viewed from two static locations. In my 7+ months as LEO, I have personally seen about 4-5 robberies being announced through it. Overall, it doesn't make much of a difference so I wouldn't be opposed to it being removed.

• dead 1

6 hours ago, freshprinceIE said:

-1 It's clearly not powergaming and would not fall under that rule bracket, it's used exactly as the developers implemented it.

Majority of cops do not watch the cctv live, and it can only be viewed from two static locations. In my 7+ months as LEO, I have personally seen about 4-5 robberies being announced through it. Overall, it doesn't make much of a difference so I wouldn't be opposed to it being removed.

i'm not saying remove anything i am saying limit the CCTV Cameras to only viewed in store what happen not view from any locations outside the store is all i am saying keep the CCTV its best if cops drive to the locations when they do there patrols than go to a location can look and go ok nothing too important than drive away from the spot in real life cops only have access to the CCTV cameras in the store that's how it should be I love the CCTV idea just want them to have less chance of seeing a crime in progress.

+1 Agreed for CCTV cameras to be checked only in stores. It doesn’t make much sense for store cameras to be viewable from inside a police station, even if it’s a chain shop, do correct me if I’m wrong. Not sure if there are stats on how often people actually cut the camera wires, but because the footage can be viewed from the station, bolt cutting has been rendered basically useless.

In my opinion, allow store cameras to be rewindable (I believe already implemented, but I’m not sure for how long by), allow for footage to be reviewed from that store only, and to balance, add a camera outside to identify vehicles and license plates if in view. Will require criminals to be more mindful of where they place their vehicle etc. If you want to go the extra mile, add an interaction/“interview” option with the NPC shopkeeper (similar to the turf NPCs) that is available to LEO for randomised set of minutes after a store robbery and the shopkeeper can provide information about the weapon used to aim, gender(s) of the criminals, how long it has been since the robbery, how much was stolen, as well as how many people stole from the cashier as measured by script;

>> Interview NPC

>> “Oh Sheriff, I’m so glad you’re here. Some people just came into my store [about 10 minutes ago] and stole [10,000 dollars] from the cashier!

>> Can you tell me a little bit more about what happened? OR Exit

>> “I don’t remember much, but I know for sure that there were [two women, one man stealing from the cashier] and [a woman was aiming at me] with a [SNS pistol].”

This feels a little more investigatory on LEO part especially when you combine this information with the use of the inside and outside store cameras (as they then have even more information to work on when bringing in someone for questioning or builds their rationale for pulling people out of their vehicles) and maybe forces criminals to be more mindful of their actions IC. Such information can also hold a lot of RP potential, such as knowing how much money was stolen and therefore using that as a base for bribery for more information. All this can be done through /me and /do of course, but it’s not really the first thing people think of so having the information there would make up some good interactions!

Just my two cents. I wouldn’t jump to say otherwise is a power gaming breach, I’d suggest changing the title of the thread just to avoid any accusatory comments! 😊

Edited by Lola
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lola said:

+1 Agreed for CCTV cameras to be checked only in stores. It doesn’t make much sense for store cameras to be viewable from inside a police station, even if it’s a chain shop, do correct me if I’m wrong. Not sure if there are stats on how often people actually cut the camera wires, but because the footage can be viewed from the station, bolt cutting has been rendered basically useless.

In my opinion, allow store cameras to be rewindable (I believe already implemented, but I’m not sure for how long by), allow for footage to be reviewed from that store only, and to balance, add a camera outside to identify vehicles and license plates if in view. Will require criminals to be more mindful of where they place their vehicle etc. If you want to go the extra mile, add an interaction option with the NPC shopkeeper (similar to the turf NPCs) that is available to LEO for randomised set of minutes after a store robbery and the shopkeeper can provide information about the weapon used to aim, gender(s) of the criminals, how long it has been since the robbery, as well as how many people stole from the cashier as measured by script. This feels a little more investigatory on LEO part and maybe forces criminals to be more mindful of their actions IC. 

Just my two cents. I wouldn’t jump to say otherwise is a power gaming breach, I’d suggest changing the title of the thread just to avoid any accusatory comments! 😊

yea i cant change the name ha ha ha but I agree with you 

• hand 1

Remove the remote view for shops, and keep the rewindable footage of course and replace it with remote view for banks. Right now bank robbery isn't particularly risky and doesn't really make any rp at all. Implementing remote view for banks would introduce a new variable for bank robbery and change up the meta a bit in my opinion. Also while it doesn't perticularly make any sense for shops to have non closed circut CCTV it does make sense for banks to be remotely viewable.

• NAY 1

6 minutes ago, Umbra_Smith said:

Remove the remote view for shops, and keep the rewindable footage of course and replace it with remote view for banks. Right now bank robbery isn't particularly risky and doesn't really make any rp at all. Implementing remote view for banks would introduce a new variable for bank robbery and change up the meta a bit in my opinion. Also while it doesn't perticularly make any sense for shops to have non closed circut CCTV it does make sense for banks to be remotely viewable.

No disrespect umbra smith but no cause banks are hard as it is you have to be perfect on timing or you fail the bank and everything is screwed but a CCTV that is rewindable in Banks is fine

With how bank timers currently work (with specific minutes and seconds), CCTV for banks inside police stations is not a good idea as it will just reinforce MG behaviour, whether or not intentional. Footage inside banks should definitely be rewindable, and there should be 4 instead of 1 to compensate not having footage viewable from inside stations; one outside, one inside by the main entrance facing the clerks, one inside the main corridor by the vault door to be drilled, and one inside the actual vault with all the money. It’s a massive pain for someone to RP huge lines of /ldo’s just describing the attire of up to 15 people inside a bank when rewindable footage could do that for them. I agree that bank RP doesn’t really make for much RP unless there’s a hostage situation, but being able to view the live footage doesn’t really change this in my opinion, only rapidly increases response time.

• Upvote 1