Daryl98

Ability to change hotkeys

So it's my first time in-game today and one thing has caught my attention.

I propose that the hotkeys for example; 'N for push to talk' you should be able to change them freely, not sure how but it came to my attention. I have a problem with how you are not able to change the hotkeys which are implemented in-game. I try to bypass this by attempting to remap keys but I think this should be looked at.

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested or if there is a reason why this hasn't been looked at.

If it's possible, I support this. I would love to be able to change the hotkey for VOIP.

Perhaps just make it a text command 
/hotkey [voice1] [key] - For Local VOIP
/hotkey [voice2] [key] - For Radio VOIP

If you @Daryl98 manage to find an efficient way to remap keys with a program whatnot, I'd love to get some help. I tried autohotkey but couldn't figure out how to make it hold down N when pressing another key and release N when I release that other key. It kept holding down N for me until I shut down the autohotkey script. 

On 6/18/2018 at 4:37 AM, FatherOsbornHD said:

If it's possible, I support this. I would love to be able to change the hotkey for VOIP.

Perhaps just make it a text command 
/hotkey [voice1] [key] - For Local VOIP
/hotkey [voice2] [key] - For Radio VOIP

If you @Daryl98 manage to find an efficient way to remap keys with a program whatnot, I'd love to get some help. I tried autohotkey but couldn't figure out how to make it hold down N when pressing another key and release N when I release that other key. It kept holding down N for me until I shut down the autohotkey script. 

Eh, I'll send you a code it's easy lol

This is what I gave The Rebels and it seems to work for all of them. 

**Everyone try and get AHK. This will allow you to change the N and M buttons to something else.  If you rebind to your mouse 4 and 5 buttons then you are able to run, move, communicate and aim freely**

**Use the below thread for more information.**

1. Download AHK https://www.autohotkey.com/
2. Right-click desktop - new - AutoHotKey Script 
3. Right-click the newly created document and click edit script
4. Copy and paste this below into the text box

XButton2::n
return

XButton1::m
return

5. Make sure to run as admin.

GLHF

Edited by padpilot
Corrections
  • Like 2

On 7/23/2019 at 9:54 AM, padpilot said:

This is what I gave The Rebels and it seems to work for all of them. 

**Everyone try and get AHK. This will allow you to change the N and M buttons to something else.  If you rebind to your mouse 4 and 5 buttons then you are able to run, move, communicate and aim freely**

**Use the below thread for more information.**

1. Download AHK https://www.autohotkey.com/
2. Right-click desktop - new - AutoHotKey Script 
3. Right-click the newly created document and click edit script
4. Copy and paste this below into the text box

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#IfWinActive RAGE Multiplayer

XButton2::n
return

XButton1::m
return

5. Make sure to run as admin.

GLHF

hey man i tried this 

but it's not working in game 

why ? 

i tried 

run as admin 

nothing , can you help me ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.