Arrta

Random VOIP bug

Date and time (provide timezone): Multiple

Character name: Julia Knox

Issue/bug you are reporting: VOIP Audio POP.
When you have previously been in VOIP range of someone, but later on are not, you still hear them due to the VOIP bug, but it cuts the audio out once it realizes you are out of range.. This ends up giving you hundreds of VOIP POPs as you hear them talking to others then it cuts out.. and it does so in a way that you are risking the hearing of your player base. Additional, if someone does end up losing hearing your are also facing lawsuits if it can be traced back to this issue.

Expected behavior:  Playing the game and not risking hearing loss.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: These should be played at 100% to observe how loud the "POP" is, as 100% would replicate the recording volume.

Audio levels for the beach scene
xCV4VAn.png

Audio levels for the pier scene
pQgM2WX.png

As you can see there is a drastic jump when the VOIP spikes happen before the game realizes the people are out of range and stops them.

Vehicle license plate number*: NA

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn

Something has to get done about this, it's especially bad for people who frequent the pier, and I'm sure it's just as bad for people in prison. It's the worst when you're alone, volume at max and you suddenly hear 3 people popping in and out of existence right on your ears.

Just now, vexanxd said:

Something has to get done about this, it's especially bad for people who frequent the pier, and I'm sure it's just as bad for people in prison. It's the worst when you're alone, volume at max and you suddenly hear 3 people popping in and out of existence right on your ears.

Its also related to the VOIP indicators on the right side of the screen.. While the VOIP indicators happen more than just on the POP. It seems the people you have talked to on the radio or on the phone do not have this POP issue.. It's only the people who you have been within proximity to hear them that do the POP even when out of range..

The thing is, if you reload the game and never get near someone, you never get these pops.. like for example. I reloaded on the beach, and since then I hear nothing but the ambient noise.. if I were to drive up to the pier and walk next to everyone there then head back to the beach I would begin hearing the pops again. So the issue is something with the VOIP code remembering you were in range of Player X, and attempting to send you their audio, then aborting because you are out of range.

2 minutes ago, ArrtaMyrdhyn said:

Its also related to the VOIP indicators on the right side of the screen.. While the VOIP indicators happen more than just on the POP. It seems the people you have talked to on the radio or on the phone do not have this POP issue.. It's only the people who you have been within proximity to hear them that do the POP even when out of range..

The thing is, if you reload the game and never get near someone, you never get these pops.. like for example. I reloaded on the beach, and since then I hear nothing but the ambient noise.. if I were to drive up to the pier and walk next to everyone there then head back to the beach I would begin hearing the pops again. So the issue is something with the VOIP code remembering you were in range of Player X, and attempting to send you their audio, then aborting because you are out of range.

I've noticed a similar problem when you're on the phone with someone. As soon as you end the phone call, it looks like their name pops up every time they talk, for the length that they're speaking, but there's an absence of pops. It seems like the VOIP code is just shoddy to be honest.

Date and time (provide timezone): GMT +1

Character name: Feliks Kov

Issue/bug you are reporting: every now and then you hear random voip snippets, this can be anywhere from like 0.2s of some random radio frequency to like 0.5s of someones voiping somewhere and sometimes it can be extremely scary as its completely unrealistic and could genuinely cause harm to some people who have medical conditions.

Expected behavior:  It doesnt randomly do this.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: The only way of replicating this is just playing on the server really, you will 100% come across it and its one of the most annoying bugs every especially if its earrape like in this instance where im literally just relaxing and that happens.

https://lowkey.gg/v/87c3ecab-6157-4ea7-9aac-58038bbe9735?cf=uploadMsg

Vehicle license plate number*

This exact scenario got me away from a ambush of PD when I was hiding and they were around the corner after robbing a store, I heard a quick snippet of a familiar officers voice so I looked around and saw an officer coming at me so I dipped. If the snippet is long enough you can gain info you normally would not be able to. And its a pretty big issue

• YAY 1

This issue is still existing and possibly one of the WORST things to experience. I can hear 8+ different people popping in and out of my audio, at 100% volume. Its literally painful. Please look into this 😕 /vol proximity doesnt even mitigate the issue.

Edited by Kjaer
  • Like 4

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.