Brownie1k

Shroud and Summit1G Talking about Eclipse

https://clips.twitch.tv/LittleFurryPorcupineCharlietheUnicorn

I guess Shroud has been playing here off and on. Sounds like he likes it. Just with the servers so unstable and having to pay for the car everytime the server crashes is keeping him away from playing here more.

Keep Summit, Lirik and all of the other big Twitch streamers off the server please, i have nothing against them personally, but we dont want their viewers on the server, trust me on this.

Summit pretty much got instabanned on SoE (FiveM) for non RPing, and Liriks gameplay on SoE is far from good Roleplay, running around stabbing and hitting people all the time, it is entertaining to watch for anwhile tough, but his viewer base might think that this is what you do on a RP server.

SoE also had to whitelist/lock down both their servers after Lirik started playing on them, and by that locking alot of regulars out. Getting a streamer with 50k viewers to play on your 24 player slot server might not have been the brightest idea ever.

• Upvote 1

Keep Summit, Lirik and all of the other big Twitch streamers off the server please, i have nothing against them personally, but we dont want their viewers on the server, trust me on this.

Summit pretty much got instabanned on SoE (FiveM) for non RPing, and Liriks gameplay on SoE is far from good Roleplay, running around stabbing and hitting people all the time, it is entertaining to watch for anwhile tough, but his viewer base might think that this is what you do on a RP server.

SoE also had to whitelist/lock down both their servers after Lirik started playing on them, and by that locking alot of regulars out. Getting a streamer with 50k viewers to play on your 24 player slot server might not have been the brightest idea ever.

I have to agree with you on that one.. Especially since Eclipse is "fully" open atm...

I 100% disagree with you on keeping them off the server. Even though they might bring a few trolls. Overall the growth would be huge for the community.. Huge growth over time means alot of Donations and money for the devs and site owners. That means more time for them to put into the game

And Summit got banned for A shity Metagaming rule that SOE has, not Fail to RP. I RPed with him for a bit . He is alot better then most out there..

The community dont need to grow in the form of new players.. During primetime its very normal to see +/- 130 players... Replacing 50 of those players with trollers and fans of a streamer could really screw the server over.. We are talking potentially 100 players that will be able to get a gun on the server after playing for 15 min that probably dont give a fuck if they get banned... In the current state of the server I dont see how mods, staff and cops would be able to control such a huge crowd of players.. They would probably run alot togheter aswell as they want to be near the streamer... I honestly dont see how this is possible on a non whitelist server with such a huge max player limit..

There's no need to keep summit, lirik and shroud away. There's no need to keep any big streamer away, if they're playing by the rules why should they be kept off because of their viewers. There are admins for a reason, there's a ban command for a reason. If you apply for admin, you should be up for the job.

There's no need to keep summit, lirik and shroud away. There's no need to keep any big streamer away, if they're playing by the rules why should they be kept off because of their viewers. There are admins for a reason, there's a ban command for a reason. If you apply for admin, you should be up for the job.

There is a need to keep them away, or atleast not to promote them to play here, and its because of the locust swarm that is their viewers, Lirik openly admitted that his own viewers destroyed one of the more popular Altis Life servers after he played there himself on stream.

The strain you would put on an allready struggling Server tech wise, ie server crashes and login issues would get too much, and you probably will be stressing out Server admins and Police force witch allready are low staffed.

If Eclipse had 2-3 stable staffed servers up and running allready, then sure.

There is a need to keep them away, or atleast not to promote them to play here, and its because of the locust swarm that is their viewers, Lirik openly admitted that his own viewers destroyed one of the more popular Altis Life servers after he played there himself on stream.

The strain you would put on Server admins and Police force etc would probably make alot of them quit on the spot.

I know there is a point to it, but unless they are given warning as to why they don't want them on the server. They'd be pissed I bet, if it's one of their favourite servers. I know i'd be.

I know there is a point to it, but unless they are given warning as to why they don't want them on the server. They'd be pissed I bet, if it's one of their favourite servers. I know i'd be.

Imo they should take the aproach that Sodapoppin is doing with private WoW servers, he only plays them when hes not streaming, and that is for two reasons, he dont want to destroy the servers and he dont want Blizzard to take action against the server and shut it down.

Imo they should take the aproach that Sodapoppin is doing with private WoW servers, he only plays them when hes not streaming, and that is for two reasons, he dont want to destroy the servers and he dont want Blizzard to take action against the server and shut it down.

Taking Lirik as an example. Watching him roleplay is one of most entertaining things I've ever seen on twitch so I doubt he'd want to miss on "Shoot two birds with one stone" chance by streaming good content and having fun.

At the end of the day the server needs staff to player base ratio kept decently high so they quickly weed out "hopeless stream snipers". With rules being adaptable and staff acting professional server wouldn't encounter crazy problems.

What I was saying is some of the bigger streamers/ Youtubers have and do play here from time to time. As like them and us they are not happy with how you have to pay a fee each time the server crashes to get your car back. But the main and big problem is GTA-N and there unstable framework. Maybe the devs here could remove the fee to get your car back until the servers are stable ..

It's literally free advertisement. All those viewers could get handled by the admins. They would just need to give a server announcement warning to everyone that if they do not behave, hard actions will be taken.

Arent 100 players on Eclipse already enough? Eclipse is more than populated for the moment and having 30k viewers hammering on the servers trying to get in arent going to be fun.. If the server was dead then ye.. sure! Lets get some free PR.. But besides that I honestly dont see any reasons...

Arent 100 players on Eclipse already enough? Eclipse is more than populated for the moment and having 30k viewers hammering on the servers trying to get in arent going to be fun.. If the server was dead then ye.. sure! Lets get some free PR.. But besides that I honestly dont see any reasons...

Why 100 when you can have 200, right? It's always welcome to have new members. Else why not just close account registry and play with the ones we currently have.