GaiusTavi

Server and Faction Message of the Day

I think it would be useful to be able to set a message of the day for Faction Members to see when they login. This could be used for many things, such as notifying people of important faction info, like dates of events, rule changes, reminders of something they are supposed to be doing, or even just to inform them of a new policy or to check a certain discord/forum for a piece of info. For example, Weazel could make use of it to remind members they are getting close to article deadlines, MD could use it to inform people of who is looking for training, Police could use it for any number of useful aids like informing people of rule change, or protocol change, or simply to remind people to check active Bolos. I know we have the forums, but its easy to miss info on there, same with Discord servers, especially for people like myself who are part of far too many discord servers and dont check all of them frequently enough. I know i have members in some of the servers im part of who rarely look and so wouldn't notice announcements made there, but if the announcement is actually in game when you login, people are more likely to see and remember

This is potentially also useful for the server to have one set by admins, so they can remind/inform people about things as they login. I know admins can send Server Wide announcements already, and people can Bleet if they have VIP or use Weazel, but it would be useful for admins to be able to remind people of things on login occasionally.

• Upvote 1