McLovin1257

Bolt cutting overhaul/ skill tree.

So the scripting here particularly for the crime activities is pretty top notch; that being said it could do with some major and minor improvements. As someone who uses these features quiet extensively for the most part; I have experience in what these need and what would create a better balance towards break-ins ect. 

Skill branches for certain tools, particularly the bolt cutter.  This would basically give more experienced players who have sunken large portions of money and time into these activities to actually be REWARDED for their activities. Right now the way to determine if you successfully open a vehicle or cut a bolt is pure arbitrary luck calculated on a script level. This is insane, especially for someone who's sunk 50,000$ into bolt cutters. One would assume someone constantly doing something repeatedly would get better at said task right? It's insanely unrealistic that I break 3 bolt cutters in a row, despite having used 1 previously to open 3 doors in a row. 

The next suggestion is a durability indicator to replace the automatic system that destroys bolt cutters. It's insanely unrealistic, but can be given a small update that keeps it from becoming overpowered and keeps a nice balance. 

Durability indication would be upon inspecting a bolt cutter. For every failure opening a bolt depending on your skill level would be the amount of durability taken from the bolt cutter. 

(ex.) Level 1 bolt cutter fails his cutting of a door, this takes the durability of his bolt cutter down 30%, a level 1 bolt cutter successfully opens said door it takes away 20% durability. The better you get at cracking doors open with the bolt cutter, the less durability it takes to open a door and eventually the less durability is taken for a failure. Better description below

Here's a better representation of what i'm getting at. 

(Bolt cutting skill) - Parenthesis numbers indicate number of doors/gates required to level up. Master rank = total competition of skill bar and mastery of it. 

Level 1 (10) -Failure to open a door results in 30% durability taken out of the bolt cutter. Bolt requires 20% durability to open a door, 10% durability taken once opened

Level 2 (20 ). -Failure to open a door results in 25% durability taken from the bolt cutter. Bolt requires 15% durability to open a door. 10% durability taken once opened. 

Level 3 (30) - Failure top open a door results in 20% durability taken from the bolt cutter. Bolt requires 10% durability to open a door. 10% durability taken once opened.

Level 4 (50)- Failure to open a door results in 10% durability taken from bolt cutter. Bolt requires 5% durability to open a door. 5% durability is taken once opened. 

Level 5 (Master) Failure to open a door results in 5% durability taken from bolt cutter. Bolt requires 5% durability to open a door. 0% durability is taken once successfully opened. 

The system that automatically breaks bolt cutters would still be in effect; but the effect would wear down on the durability. 

This would result in more break-ins yes, but otherwise this doesn't add any exploitative features that I can think of. It also serves to make break-ins a bit more profitable. Right now, if you sink 50,000$ into a breaking into an R.V you had better be sure that solid gold is sitting behind the door because right now it's a complete waste of money and kills the immersion of breaking into something just to have 2-5 bolt cutters break in rapid succession. That doesn't even make sense honestly, it's pretty fucking stupid. I understand it was designed to make sure there was balance in the system, but there are better ways of balancing like I've described above that makes it more fun, more profitable, and also helps to make people interested in going beyond stealing random cars they find on the streets.

Right now the crime path for solo/duos/trios is picklock random cars they find on the streets, DM/fight people with guns in various places (Drug spots, chop shops), or to rob shops. This makes R.V/house heists more worthwhile to attempt, and also serves to make people remember their valuables and keep them in safer/more secluded spots. 

I can't be the only one who hates the current system, I just spent my last 20k bolting this RV for it to break on almost all of them then the server restart before I tried the last bolt on the door. I'm sorry, but the bolts breaking so goddamn erratically is frustrating and non RP. How in the goddamn does a fucking bolt break from opening a WOODEN door?