Sola

The Los Santos Poker Players' Association

I would like to introduce the idea of a non profit organization and/or service, basically. As of right now, games of poker all happen spontaneously at Tequila La and it's just a hodgepodge of all kinds of different players representing all kinds of different economic statuses therefore bringing all kinds of different bankrolls to the game.

The first and main thing I would like to do is allow players who love Poker to sign up for some form of notification system, text message or otherwise that allow them to know when games are going on. Even if other players are the ones sending these notifications out, like "Oh, table's popping right now!" to an email/text message or otherwise list of other people who simply also love to play. 

Beyond that,

TOURNAMENTS

The way they really are IRL. You buy in with a certain amount of money and that's all you get, no trips to the ATM or anything to "come back" just because you have more, winner takes all or have awards designated as you see fit. For example: a tournament with a buy-in of $50k each would net the winner $500k in the end at a table seating 10. 1st, 2nd, 3rd or winner takes all, whatever you wanna do. 

Overall, though and the TL;DR version -- the main thing I want is to suggest a voluntary (keyword: voluntary, you will be signing up for it) text message program or something like it just to let people know when poker games are going on as they are. As opposed to just having to stop by every so often just to see, or rely on texts from friends you probably made primarily through poker in the first place.

• Upvote 1

This is a great idea, although Im not sure it belongs in suggestions.

With enough creativity and planning, this could easily be a legal player faction! I won't give too many hints, but you could register a business on the Eclipse gov website, and organise poker tournaments at the poker table in Sandy Shores (I forget the name, but it's usually empty).

Weazel news ads could be purchased, prompting poker fans to join the texting service and stay notified of upcoming tournaments.

Let your imagination run wild! Personally I think this would be a great bit of fun and player-made RP.