kostanza00

Add more scripted businesses (gas stations, grocery stores, etc.), and allow them to fail

As it currently stands, scripted businesses provide 0 RP (no, ordering stock and colluding with other business owners in discord to set prices is not RP), and are only meant to provide a quite obscene amount of passive income to the owner.

1) Add some competition to the businesses. Allow them to order in bulk for less money, make deals with specific distributors (for example Ill buy 5000 lockpicks a week for cheaper, but I need to keep buying them for 10 weeks or else face some sort of fine), and have the distributors they order from share stock. Allow businesses to fail. 

a) Potential for 'distribution rep' job, who bargains with businesses and sets prices on stock.

2) Make the prices of businesses not be so limited by their scarcity. The current model of business prices is essentially "I paid n million for it, I won't sell for any less as this is extremely scarce and valuable regardless", and the next owner does the same, driving their price up infinitely. Business prices are already out of reach of most anyone who has joined and grinded hard in the past year, and is mostly reserved for old-timers who either were previous business owners, have grinded in a legal faction for years, or got lucky with some investments. 

3) Everyone likes to compare e-rp to 'real life', and guess what, in real life a small grocery store is as cheap/attainable as a house, while the price on eclipse (due to the aforementioned points) is many times higher than that. Why can't I open a small shack that just serves food/water, and has  deals with only those distributors for say 5-600k in one of the empty storefronts? 

Some businesses provide a lot of RP and some don't. There organizations that work hard to gain trust and make their businesses/organization well known to the respectable people of Los Santos. I don't expect too much from something like a gas stations that only needs ads and a blip to run but loan companies, security businesses and clubs offer a lot of RP and involve a lot of people.

Businesses do fail. When your license costs as much as your profit per month, that is a failed business and some of them are not as successful as others.

I agree that there isn't a good number of businesses and some of them cost a lot just because they're rare, not because they actually make a lot of money. Servers with less players have more than our server.

5 minutes ago, TheCactus said:

Some businesses provide a lot of RP and some don't. There organizations that work hard to gain trust and make their businesses/organization well known to the respectable people of Los Santos. I don't expect too much from something like a gas stations that only needs ads and a blip to run but loan companies, security businesses and clubs offer a lot of RP and involve a lot of people.

Businesses do fail. When your license costs as much as your profit per month, that is a failed business and some of them are not as successful as others.

I agree that there isn't a good number of businesses and some of them cost a lot just because they're rare, not because they actually make a lot of money. Servers with less players have more than our server.

Just to clarify, the businesses I am referring to are the AFK/scripted ones:
- Gas Statiosn
- Gun Stores
- General Stores
- Dealerships

All other businesses (restaurants, security, clubs, law services, MMA clubs, what have you) are run in an awesome IC way, and the barrier to entry for many of these is securing a property, and they provide great RP, and if run well, financial benefits.

In regards to scripted businesses, they do NOT fail, ever. The only way for it to fail is deportation / abandonment, otherwise they continue to print money for the owner so long as stock is maintained. While yes, some are not as successful as others, failure should mean losing money/bankrupting the owner, and not 'making less money than {another scripted business}' or what  have you. 

Long time business owners have bank accounts in excess of 50-100m; these are figures that in the current economy will never be matched even with 10x more playtime at the same efficiency as the original business owner had to invest.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.