KyriessWorld

New Suggestion: Lottery tickets

Pretty straightforward. You can buy a maximum of 10 tickets 800 dollars each at a convenience store. About 350 people will buy 10 tickets at 800 dollars, that’s $2,800,000. There are 3 winners each taking home $933,000, before taxes. 

The economy is tough especially for new players, and this can give them a lucky opportunity to be very well considering l their status. It also allows middle class and high class to be prosperous. Anyone could win.

I think it’s a cool idea. You can buy the tickets from Monday-Friday and winners are announced on Saturday through weazel or admins or whatever. 

let me know what ur thinking 

Lottery stuff like that can be fairly complicated, numbers and all, but I like the idea of one. When it comes to who buys tickets, that could be completely IC, but a lottery should be simply an RNG system that could be scripted in.

1. Buy a ticket, get a "Lottery Ticket"
  2. Right-Click > Scratch = "Lottery Ticket (Scratched)" and informs you if it's a Instant winner or not.
    • Instant Winner
      • The ticket changes to "Lottery Ticket (Instant Win)"
      • Winning has a higher chance, but a very low reward, between the cost of a ticket, the the cost of a car with diminishing return chances.
      • The ticket is not counted or included in the state lottery and not elevate beyond that.
      • You claim your prize at City Hall with /claimlottery and it goes through salary.
      • It does not expire and when you right-click > examine it, will show how much it is worth.
    • Not an Instant Winner?
      • It remains "Lottery Ticket (Scratched)"
      • You can still keep your ticket in hopes you could win the State Lottery.
  3. State Lottery
    • The total lottery amount added is randomly 1/4 - 3/4 of the total amount spent on a ticket.
    • The total 'pool' shows in it's own app, on the bank app and/or at the bank teller window.
    • Every week a lottery is rolled and a random ticket is changed to "Lottery Ticket (State Win)".
    • The owner of the ticket has 4 days to claim the winnings, else the ticket turns back into "Lottery Ticket (Scratched)" and the total lottery remains in the total.
    • If the owner claims the amount, it is taken out of the total lottery amount.
    • You claim your prize at City Hall with /claimlottery and it goes through salary.

I was thinking tickets should expire and delete themselves a month after being purchased "Lottery Ticket (Void)". However, tickets being.. hidden, abandoned or not seemingly selected is a common thing and can naturally increase the value of the lottery pool.

• Upvote 2