Antonio_Colombo

Speakers easily stolen?

Do you want to get equal script-wise chance to stop thiefs from stealing your Speaker?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be implemented system, that makes Thief wait 1-2 minutes, before /takeSpeaker works? During this 1-2 minutes, Speaker owner get notification on phone/Chat about thiefs tinkering around his property.

• Yes, I believe it would be only fair for both sides.
    • No, not needed.

Hello,

My suggestion is plain simple and I believe many players might find it useful, if implemented. I don't believe it could be exploitable in any ways, but please correct me if im wrong on that.

The idea is simple - In reality, it would be really quickly noticeable, if someone would attempt to steal your battery-operated boombox ( or soundbox, speaker, etc ), meaning that it is either 

wired trough audio cable ( 3.5mm jack) or via Bluetooth and music is RP'ly played from your phone. This means, that if someone tries to /takespeaker, you would immediately notice, that either someone is tinkering around it, or that music is interrupted, which in turn makes you notice person who is stealing it.

What I suggest is to either make Speakers not take-able from other players when placed for listening, but tradable as regular item ( hence the RP'ly it would be considered nrp ) OR make the thief wait 1-2 minutes before he/she works around disconnecting speaker from audio cable or he/she would have to use some sort of Bluetooth microchip to deauthenticate Bluetooth connection. This will give fair amount of time for owner of speaker ( he / she would receive notification, that someone is attempting to steal it, unless far far away from it?) and give better opportunities to RP such situations, while situation is not biased script-wise towards thief.

Edited by Antonio_Colombo

9 minutes ago, Pegasus_ said:

No. That feature has already been removed once since players would drop speakers anywhere and everywhere and just f off, leaving an indestructible speaker only removable by SA+.

Thank you for bringing this info, as I was unaware about it. This could be easily fixed by adding a timer, for example, if person places speaker and does not interact with it within 10 minutes, or any other amount of time, that seems fit, it gets destroyed and ends up back to the person who owns it inventory. In case person inventory is full and there is no extra 10 slots (or volume, to be precise) then its get destroyed and needs to be taken back from any postal office or other location. ( as if it was RP'ly recovered by police and brought into for storage until owner is found, since they are not cheap. There could also be a small fee that you need to cover if it was destroyed, while player did not have free slots into inventory, therefore widening RP freedom and making another money sinkhole )

Edited by Antonio_Colombo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.